By Travelzoo Staff
Overnight stays in a restored Grade I-listed medieval courtyard described as "enchanting" by The Guardian are now 43% less than usual.
Why we love it
- Overnight stays for two people at Devon's 4-star Dartington Hall are now £89 instead of £155
- Includes accommodation, breakfast, and cheese and wine tasting
- ''Bliss'' -- The Daily Telegraph
- ''Beautiful'' -- Condé Nast Johansens
- ''Exquisite'' -- The Times
- The hotel hosted Michael Palin and Harry Hill during the Ways With Words literature festival
- Valid Sunday-Friday from 2 June-2 September
- Alternatively, purchase a 2-night stay for £159 per room that includes accommodation, daily breakfast, a 3-dish tapas dinner per person with dessert on the first night and a cheese-and wine-tasting experience at Sharpham Vineyard.
Totnes, TQ9 6EL
Tel: 01803 847 147
What's included & when
- May 22, 2013 - Sept. 2, 2013
- At £89 per room, this deal includes accommodation, breakfast and a cheese-and wine-tasting experience at the award-winning Sharpham Vineyard (worth £18).
- This deal, based on two sharing, is valid Sunday-Friday from 2 June-2 September.
- The 4-star Dartington Hall is set around a medieval courtyard in 1200 acres of landscaped gardens that made the The Daily Telegraph's 50 Best Homes and Gardens list. Dartington Hall has hosted the Ways With Words literature festival over the years, which has seen the likes of Michael Palin and Harry Hill attend. The newly refurbished White Hart Bar & Restaurant has flagstone floors and roughcast walls throughout, and serves British tapas. The Roundhouse Café is ideal for grabbing a cup of tea before heading out to explore the gardens.
- The vineyard experience includes a self-guided walk around the vineyard and an hour-long tutored wine and cheese tasting. Sharpham Vineyard sits on a 1000-year-old farm, consisting of 500 acres of sloping land, and is approximately 15 minutes by car from the hotel. There is a shop and a cafe where visitors can purchase farm produce.
- You can also purchase a 2-night stay for £159 per room that includes accommodation, daily breakfast, a 3-dish tapas dinner per person with dessert on the first night and a cheese-and wine-tasting experience at Sharpham Vineyard. This 2-night deal is valid any day of the week for the same travel period and can be purchased with Travelzoo
The small print
This deal is based on two sharing and includes overnight accommodation in an en-suite room, breakfast and a cheese and wine tasting experience at Sharpham Vineyard. Valid for stays Sunday-Friday from 2 June-2 September. Not available on 5-15 July; 26 Jul-31 August. Prices, dates and savings were correct at the time of publish.
See all terms