By Travelzoo Staff
A mini-break at a cosy North Devon hideaway is now £149 per room. This 2-night break, worth over £310, includes:
Why we love it
- A 2-night stay in an award-winning Devon country hotel is now £149 per room
- Worth up to £312, this mini break at The Fox & Hounds Country Hotel includes accommodation for two in a Standard Room
- 3-course à la carte dinner in the AA-Rosette restaurant on the first night with a glass of sparkling wine
- Full English breakfast on both mornings
- Sunday arrivals receive a complimentary upgrade to a Superior Room (subject to availability on arrival)
- A 3-night stay, including all of the above, is £195
- Hotel was originally a coaching inn and dates back to the 18th-century
The Fox and Hounds Country Hotel
The Fox & Hounds Country Hotel
Chulmleigh, EX18 7JZ
Tel: 01769 580345
What's included & when
- Nov. 15, 2012 - May 15, 2013
- - Accommodation for two in a Standard Room (worth £250)
- - 3-course à la carte dinner in the AA-Rosette-awarded restaurant on the first night (worth £55)
- - Glass of sparkling wine with dinner
- - Daily breakfast
- - Sunday arrivals receive a complimentary upgrade to a Superior Room, subject to availability on arrival
- This offer is valid for 2-night stays from 16 November until 15 May, 2013. Stay for three nights, including all of the above, for £195 per room. Not available on 24-27 December, 30 December-1 January; 14 February; 28 March-1 April; 3-6 May, 2013.
- Tucked away in the north Devon countryside, The Fox & Hounds Country Hotel is well placed for exploring Dartmoor, Exmoor and the coast. It is frequently praised for its warm welcome and service, and over the last few years has won National Chef of the Year at the Publican Food and Drink Awards and Best Family Friendly Hotel at the Hotel Excellence Awards.
- The AA praises the hotel's "good cooking that utilises excellent local produce". We like the look of the fillet of salmon with crab and crushed potato, basil purée, cherry tomatoes and sweet roasted aubergine, and banoffe pie with coffee cream and rum caramel. Supplements will apply to scallops (£1.50), rib eye (£4.50), duck (£1.50), cheese (£2.50) and any specials priced over £15.
- It is an extra £20 for one child (aged four to 12), to stay for two nights including dinner on the first night and daily breakfast, or £30 per child for three nights, and £10 extra per dog, per night.
The small print
This voucher is valid for a 2-night stay in a Standard Room for two adults, with full English breakfast on both mornings, a 3-course à la carte dinner on the first night and a complimentary glass of sparkling wine. Arrivals on a Sunday night will receive an upgrade to a Superior Room (subject to availability on arrival). Vouchers are valid for 2-night stays from 16 November until 15 May, 2013. Not available on 24-27 December, 30 December-1 January; 14 February; 28 March-1 April; 3-6 May, 2013. A limited number of rooms per night are available, so early booking is advised. Subject to availability. See below for full terms and conditions. Now sold out: 15, 22 February. The restaurant is closed on 14 December, so if you arrive on this date, dinner will be on the second night.
See all terms