By Travelzoo Staff
Save over 45% on a rural Hertfordshire retreat. An overnight stay at Sopwell House near St Albans is now £165 per room, including:
Why we love it
- Stay in an award-winning spa hotel in the Hertfordshire countryside for £165 per room
- The package -- worth over £300 -- includes overnight accommodation for two at the AA 4-star Sopwell House
- A complimentary upgrade to a Superior Room
- 3-course dinner for two in the Brasserie with a free glass of wine
- A £30 Espa voucher per person and access to the sumptuous spa, finalist in the Good Spa Awards 2012
- Full English breakfast per person
Tel: 01727 864477
What's included & when
- March 12, 2013 - April 14, 2013
- - Accommodation for two in an upgraded Superior Room
- - 3-course dinner for two in the Brasserie (worth £47)
- - Glass of wine per person with dinner (worth £12)
- - Complimentary spa access with £30 Espa voucher per person (worth £60)
- - Full English breakfast per person
- Nestled in 12 acres of tranquil gardens in rural Hertfordshire, Sopwell House is the former Georgian country residence of Lord Mountbatten. This deluxe property has a fine-dining restaurant serving modern British and European cuisine prepared by an award-winning chef, a cosy lounge for afternoon tea and a chic cocktail bar.
- Condé Nast Johansens praises "the contemporary British menu created by Paris-trained Executive Chef James Chapman and the recently renovated Brasserie serving simple, flavoursome classics and worldwide-inspired dishes".
- Following an extensive refurbishment, the spa was a finalist in the Good Spa Awards 2012. Facilities include a 14.5-metre swimming pool, a children's pool, a Jacuzzi, a starlit steam room, a sauna and mosaic-lined experience showers.
- This offer is valid for stays seven days a week from 17 March-14 April
The small print
This voucher is valid for an overnight stay for two people in a Superior Room including full English breakfast, a 3-course dinner for two in the Brasserie, a complimentary glass of wine with dinner, complimentary spa access and a £30 Espa voucher per person. Vouchers are valid for stays 17 March-14 April. Subject to availability. A limited number of rooms per night are available, so early booking is advised. See below for full terms and conditions. Update (11.30am, 12 March): Dinner is included in the Brasserie, not the 2-AA-Rosette Restaurant. The Espa voucher is to be used on the Espa website, not on spa treatments.
See all terms