By Travelzoo Staff
Save 45% on an overnight stay for two with dinner at the George in Rye -- a hotel described by Condé Nast Traveller as "a haven on the south coast" and "in many ways, the perfect hotel" by The Evening Standard. Getaways at this boutique property are now £139 per night including:
Why we love it
- Described by The Times as having "the wow factor", and as a "gem of a hotel" by Harper's Bazaar, The George is Rye's oldest coaching inn
- At £139 per night, this offer saves 45% on the usual price
- Includes a complimentary upgrade to a Superior Room on booking
- 3-course à la carte dinner in the AA-Rosette George Grill (worth £30 per person)
- Full English breakfast for two (worth £10 per person)
- Add on extra nights for £80 including breakfast, or upgrade to a Luxury Room for £30
- Red magazine praises the hotel's "chic interior" and says the restaurant "is a destination in its own right"
- Rye is "one of England's most beautiful medieval villages", says Lonely Planet
The George in Rye
98 High Street
East Sussex, TN31 7JT
Tel: 01797 222114
What's included & when
- Nov. 29, 2012 - March 14, 2013
- -Complimentary upgrade to a Superior Room on booking (worth £30)
- -3-course à la carte dinner at the AA-Rosette George Grill (worth £30 per person)
- -Full English breakfast (worth £10 per person)
- This deal is valid for Sunday-Thursday stays until 14 March, 2013. Upgrade to a larger Luxury Room, many of which have four-poster beds, for an extra £30 per night (buy the voucher as usual and pay the extra to the hotel directly). For longer stays, we have secured extra nights for £80 per room -- 2-night stays are £219 and 3-night stays are £299, each including daily breakfast and dinner on the first night.
- Dating back to 1575, The George in Rye is a restored coaching inn with bespoke furniture in each room. Elle magazine says it is "beautifully styled" and "definitely a hotel that knows how to make its guests happy and keep them coming back for more". The menu in the AA-Rosette George Grill currenctly includes dishes such as rump of lamb with smoked aubergine purée, moules mariniere with pancetta and Biddenden cider, and caramelized black figs, rocket, parma ham and aged balsamic vinegar.
- Described by Lonely Planet as "one of England's most beautiful medieval villages", Rye is known for its art scene, antiques and local seafood -- a stay here from 30 November will coincide with All Tomorrow's Parties, a music and artists' event, or stay 2-10 February and enjoy the Rye Scallop Festival. Alternatively, take a pleasant stroll through the unhurried cobbled streets, admire the historic architecture and browse the many boutique shops. Other nearby attractions include Battle Abbey (the site of the Battle of Hastings), Camber Castle, Lamb House where writer Henry James often stayed, and Camber Sands.
The small print
Based on two adults sharing. Valid Sunday-Thursday until 14 March, 2013. Not available on 3, 31 December; 7, 14 January; 13-14 February. Upgrade to a Luxury Room for an extra £30 per night (buy the voucher as usual and pay the supplement directly to the hotel). Subject to availability. Bookings will not be taken without a valid voucher. We recommend reserving a time for dinner at booking. Now sold out on 27, 29 November. Please note, the hotel has made more rooms available in March so we have been able to reopen this offer.
See all terms