By Travelzoo Staff
Get two tickets for the price of one to Sundance London, a film and music festival brought to the UK by Robert Redford and taking place from Thursday to Sunday this week at The O2. Usually £14 each, they are now half price, including per-ticket fees.
Why we love it
- Get two tickets for the price of one for Sundance London, a film and music festival taking place at The O2 from Thursday to Sunday this week
- Sundance London attracts some of the hottest emerging filmmakers and industry experts
- An exciting range of films and special events are included in this offer, which chops 50% off all tickets
April 19, 2013 - April 28, 2013
Sundance London Film and Music Festival
London, SE10 0DX
- Founded by Redford, the Sundance Film Festival takes place annually in Utah, USA, premiering independent works from both emerging and recognised artists. Titles such as "An Inconvenient Truth" and "Reservoir Dogs" were introduced to audiences at Sundance -- and now it is taking place in the UK for only the second time.
- This 2-for-1 offer is valid for an exciting range of film screenings and special events across four days, including:
- - "The Look of Love" -- Directed by Michael Winterbottom and starring Steve Coogan ("I'm Alan Partridge") and Anna Friel, this feature film studies the life of controversial publisher and entrepreneur Paul Raymond.
- - "History of The Eagles - Part One" -- Combining rare archive and concert footage, and unseen, unofficial material, this documentary takes an in-depth look at the ongoing appeal and evolution of the American rockers. What's more, after the screening on Thursday, 25 April, the band will hold an extended Q&A session.
- Update (21 April, 15:15pm): Previously sold out, some more tickets have been made available for the David Arnold panel discussion and the 29 April screening/Q&A with The Eagles.
- - "Mud" -- Starring Matthew McConaughey and Oscar winner Reese Witherspoon, this coming-of-age tale set in America's Deep South.
- - "A.C.O.D" -- A comedy about an adult who has to navigate his way through life supporting a somewhat dysfunctional family after his parents divorce, "A.C.O.D" stars Adam Scott of "Parks and Recreation" and Jessica Alba ("Sin City").
- - "Emanuel and the Truth About Fishes" -- Starring Kaya Scodelario ("Skins"), this feature film is a darkly humorous, partly surreal tale of a girl who becomes oddly preoccupied with her new neighbour.
- - Panel discussion with David Arnold -- Grammy Award-winning English composer David Arnold, responsible for scoring five James Bond films, "Sherlock", "Independence Day" and many more big- and small-screen hits, will offer the audience an insight into the world of composing.
- Films will be screened at the Cineworld multiplex at The O2 from 25-28 April, and aside from a one-off, per-transaction fee of £2.50, you will only pay £14 for two tickets to any one event -- that's including the 75p-per-ticket booking fee.
The small print
Update (21 April, 15:15pm): Previously sold out, some more tickets have been made available for the David Arnold panel discussion and the 29 April screening/Q&A with The Eagles. Valid for two tickets to selected films and events at Sundance London. Both tickets must be booked for the same film or event. Advance booking required. Subject to availability. Not valid for tickets already purchased. A £2.50-per-transaction fee applies. The regular price of a ticket is £12.50 plus a £1.50-per-ticket fee. The offer price for one ticket is £6.25 plus a 75p-per-ticket fee.