By Travelzoo Staff
La Fosse at Cranborne boasts a pretty village location and was shortlisted in the Best Restaurant category at the Taste of Dorset Awards 2012. It also features in The Good Food Guide 2013 as a readers' recommendation, where it is noted for its "excellent" cuisine.
Why we love it
- A 3-course dinner for two with prosecco at La Fosse at Cranborne for £35 instead of £68.20
- Shortlisted for Best Restaurant in Dorset at the Taste of Dorset Awards 2012
- Its cheese platter won Dorset's Best Cheeseboard competition in 2010 and 2011
- Alternatively, enjoy dinner, an overnight stay and a full English breakfast for two for £79
- Travel expert Alastair Sawday names the country inn as a special place to stay and describes the rustic menu as a "treat"
- A readers' recommendation in The Good Food Guide 2013
Nov. 20, 2012 - April 30, 2013
La Fosse at Cranborne
London House, The Square
Dorset, BH21 5PR
Tel: 01725 517 604
- For £35, two Travelzoo subscribers can dine on a 3-course dinner with prosecco, with the option to sample the "marvellous" cheese platter (The Good Food Guide 2013) as the third course, the winner of Dorset's Best Cheeseboard competition in 2010 and 2011.
- This offer is valid Monday-Thursday until 30 April, 2013, and includes the following:
- - A glass of prosecco each
- - Any starter such as pork belly and seared scallops with a blackcurrant dressing, or goats' cheese and thyme tartlet with beetroot carpaccio
- - Any main course with options including roast Edmundsham leg of lamb with roast potatoes, root vegetables and redcurrant jus, or grilled fillet of English Channel black bream
- - Any dessert such as rhubarb and elderflower crumble with custard or the award-winning cheese platter
- Travelzoo has also negotiated a deal for two people to enjoy a 3-course dinner followed by a cheese platter to share and glass of port each, plus an overnight stay in one of the hotel's boutique rooms, and a full English breakfast each in the morning. Worth up to £160.20 and valid Monday-Thursday, you can snap up this deal for £79.
- La Fosse at Cranborne, which holds a 4-star rating from VisitBritain, comes highly recommended by travel expert Alastair Sawday and is owned by husband-and-wife Mark and Emmanuelle Hartstone. Mark has worked in the kitchen at Le Manoir Aux Quat'Saisons and previously won the National Seafood Recipe Challenge.
- This quaint property is ideally located for exploring the New Forest and is a short drive from Salisbury and the Jurassic Coast. Stonehenge is also just an hour's drive away.
The small print
Valid for dinner, Monday-Thursday, subject to availability, until 30 April, 2013. Excludes 15-26, 31 December, 1-13 January, 14 February, 29 March and 1 April. Advance reservation is required. Additional night stays must be paid for directly at the hotel. Any additional items ordered will be charged at their usual value. 48 hours' notice is required for cancellations or changes to the booking. Multiple vouchers may be purchased per person or as gifts. Cannot be combined with any other offer. No cash value or cash back. Note: This is a limited offer and may sell out before the stated expiry date. Gratuity is not included. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms