By Travelzoo Staff
With the New Forest to the west, the Isle of Wight to the south and the River Solent on its doorstep, Southampton is a great choice for a south coast city break. Travelzoo subscribers can now stay at the 4-star Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin Hotel with dinner included for just £79 for two people.
Why we love it
- Stay at the Grade-II listed Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin Hotel in the city centre for £79 per room, saving 46% on the regular price
- Includes a 2-course dinner in the AA-Rosette restaurant, with three choices per course (worth £18 per person)
- Breakfast buffet
- Add two tickets to the SeaCity Museum and its Titanic Exhibition (worth £17) for an extra £10
- Located near the ferry port and ferry terminals
The Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin Hotel
34-35 High Street
Southampton, SO14 2HN
Tel: 023 8038 6460
What's included & when
- Dec. 4, 2012 - Feb. 28, 2013
- Valid seven days a week until 28 February, 2013, the price includes:
- -An overnight stay in a Standard Room
- -Breakfast buffet
- -2-course dinner in the AA-Rosette restaurant, with three choices per course (worth £18 per person)
- Guests can also add on two tickets (worth £8.50 per person) to the SeaCity Museum and its Titanic Exhibition, for an extra £10.
- The Grade II-listed hotel has stood in the city for 500 years and was previously a coaching inn. It is one of the few heritage buildings still standing after the heavy bombing of World War II. The property was refurbished in 2010 and is popular with guests heading to the Isle of Wight or on a cruise, because of its proximity to the main port. It is also within walking distance of the Medieval Merchant House, Southamption Museum of Archeology and the main train station.
- The SeaCity Museum opened earlier this year to commemorate the centenary of Titanic's sinking. Learn about how the disaster affected the city, where 500 households lost a family member, see artifacts rescued from the wreckage and hear accounts from historians and witnesses about the fateful voyage.
The small print
Available seven days a week until 28 February, 2013. Not available on 31 December. Subject to availability. Now sold out on 16-17, 21, 24 November; 1, 8, 10-11, 14-16 December; 4-7, 9 January; 25 February. Please note, the hotel has released more inventory so we are able to reopen this offer.
See all terms