By Travelzoo Staff
1861 Restaurant has become "a force to be reckoned with on the Monmouthshire foodie scene", according to The AA Restaurant Guide, which recently handed the venue two of its coveted Rosettes. Visit this lovingly restored Victorian eaterie and dine on £40 worth of food for £16 with this offer.
Why we love it
- Dine on £40 worth of food at 1861 restaurant in Abergavenny, for £16
- This offer typically buys two people a main course each, such as the fricassee of pheasant served with grain mustard cream
- 1861 holds two AA Rosettes for culinary excellence
- "Classically based menus make use of good quality local produce" -- Michelin Guide 2013
- Victorian restaurant features original and contemporay furnishings such as an exposed brick fireplace, black beams and stone walls
April 9, 2013 - Sept. 22, 2013
South Wales, NP7 8PB
Tel: 0845 388 1861
- Pick items from the extensive à la carte menu and get a 60% discount on the regular price. This could buy two people a main course each, such as pork belly braised in apple juice, or fricassee of pheasant served with grain mustard cream.
- Take advantage of the restaurant's location, and make a day of it by embarking on the famous Three Castles walk, which is spread across northeast Monmouthshire and boasts amazing views of the Welsh countryside on clear days.
- This offer is valid for dinner Tuesday-Friday and lunch Tuesday-Sunday, until 22 September
The small print
Valid for £40 worth of food at 1861. Voucher can be redeemed against food from the a la carte menu only, and may not be redeemed against any beverages. Excludes set menus. A maximum of one voucher per two diners may be used. Valid for dinner Tuesday-Friday and lunch Tuesday-Sunday, until 22 September. Excludes 23-26 August. The entire voucher value must be redeemed in one visit. No change will be given if the full value of the voucher is not spent. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms