By Travelzoo Staff
1861 Restaurant has become "a force to be reckoned with on the Monmouthshire foodie scene", according to The AA Restaurant Guide, which recently handed the venue two of its coveted Rosettes. Visit this lovingly restored Victorian eaterie with a friend for a 7-course tasting dinner and a glass of prosecco each, for a total of £49.
Why we love it
- Two can tuck into a 7-course tasting dinner for £24.50 a head at 1861 Restaurant in Abergavenny
- This gourmet dining package, which usually costs £112, also includes a glass of prosecco each
- 1861 holds two AA Rosettes for culinary excellence
- "Classically based menus make use of good quality local produce" -- Michelin Guide 2013
- Victorian restaurant features original and contemporay furnishings such as an exposed brick fireplace, black beams and stone walls
April 8, 2013 - Sept. 22, 2013
South Wales, NP7 8PB
Tel: 0845 388 1861
- Usually £112 for two, you'll save 56% on the regular cost and get a tasting dinner such as the following:
- - Chilled asparagus veloute
- - Tortellini of braised lamb
- - Seared scallop served with aubergine caviar and tomato coulis
- - Strawberry and champagne sorbet
- - Presentation of venison
- - Mosaic of citrus fruits served with passion fruit sorbet
- - Hot chocolate soufflé served with Baileys ice cream and hot chocolate sauce
- You'll also get a glass of prosecco each on arrival.
- Travelzoo has also negotiated an offer for £40 worth of food from 1861's à la carte menu for £16* (a 60% discount). This could buy two people a main course each, such as pork belly braised in apple juice, or fricassee of pheasant served with grain mustard cream.
- Make a day of it and take on the famous 19-mile Three Castles walk, which is spread across northeast Monmouthshire and boasts amazing views of the Welsh countryside on clear days.
- Both offers are valid for dinner Tuesday-Friday and lunch Tuesday-Sunday, until 22 September
The small print
Valid for dinner Tuesday-Friday and lunch Tuesday-Sunday, until 22 September. Excludes 23-26 August. *The £16-for-£40-of-food voucher can be redeemed against food from the à la carte menu only, and may not be redeemed against any beverages. A maximum of one voucher per two diners may be used with this offer. Note: A limited number of vouchers are available for this offer and it may therefore sell out before the stated expiry date. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms