By Travelzoo Staff
"A more perfect spot is hard to imagine", said The Times of Exmoor's Cafe at Porlock Weir. Visit this idyllic restaurant setting for yourself, with a 5-course seafood tasting menu for two with a glass of sparkling wine each, for £39 instead of the usual £87.70.
Why we love it
- A 5-course seafood tasting dinner plus a glass of bubbly for two in the heart of Exmoor National Park
- Pay £39 for this experience for two instead of the usual £87.70
- Sample locally sourced dishes while soaking up the stunning sea views at The Cafe at Porlock Weir
- The Daily Telegraph listed the venue as one of Britain's top 30 seaside restaurants
- "Overlooking the Bristol Channel...the South West coastal path runs past the front door" -- This is Somerset
Aug. 19, 2013 - Nov. 15, 2013
The Cafe at Porlock Weir with Rooms
The Cafe at Porlock Weir
Exmoor, TA24 8PB
Tel: 01643 863300
- Set in Exmoor National Park, the charming restaurant and hotel was named as one of Britain's top 30 seaside restaurants by The Daily Telegraph.
- You and a friend can sip a glass of sparkling wine while taking in the beautiful views, and tuck into a seafood-themed tasting menu such as the following:
- - Fish soup with saffron and garlic mayonnaise, croutons and parmesan
- - Soused herrings with vegetable salad and coriander
- - Lobster sausage with creamed leeks and bisque sauce
- - Pan-roasted monkfish with mussel chowder
- - Glazed lemon tart with lime sorbet and citrus syrup
- Head chef Andrew Dixon learnt his craft at Michelin-recommended restaurants in Jersey and West Sussex before opening up the eatery in Porlock Weir.
- The Cafe at Porlock Weir, which is set in front of the village's 13th-century harbour, was also named as one of the 10 most romantic restaurants in Somerset by This is Somerset.
- The dining option is valid for lunch (12pm-2:30pm) or dinner (6pm-8pm) Wednesday-Sunday, until 15 November.
The small print
Valid for a 5-course seafood tasting menu and a glass of sparkling wine for two people. It is valid for two people and must be used in one visit. Valid for lunch (12pm-2:30pm) or dinner (6pm-8pm) Wednesday-Sunday, until 15 November. Note: The number of vouchers is limited, so the deal may end before the stated expiry date. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms