By Travelzoo Staff
"A sense of tranquillity and understated luxury oozes out of every pore" of The Queens Arms, says The Daily Telegraph
in its glowing review of the Corton Denham gastropub. Judges at the Great British Pub Awards agree, naming it the country's Best Freehouse Pub for 2012.
Why we love it
- A 7-course tasting menu for two with bubbly each at The Queens Arms for £69 (worth £140)
- "Stylish and yet effortlessly comfortable... Chelsea meets the countryside" -- The Daily Telegraph
- Named Best Freehouse Pub at The Great British Pub Awards 2012
- A new entry in The AA Restaurant Guide 2013, the gastropub has been awarded an AA Rosette for excellence
- "There's bags of atmosphere at the bar", says the Daily Mail in its 4/5 star review
- Located in an 18th-century inn, surrounded by breathtaking Somerset countryside
- "If you're looking for a day-out destination this out-of-the-way boozer is a top tip" -- Harden's UK Restaurant Guide 2012
Nov. 29, 2012 - March 31, 2013
The Queens Arms
The Queens Arms
Somerset, DT9 4LR
Tel: 01963 220 317
- Now, two Travelzoo subscribers can now dine at this "thriving inn" (Daily Mail), recommended by travel expert Alastair Sawday, with a 7-course tasting menu and glass of bubbly each, for £69 instead of £140.
- Here's an example of what the current tasting menu includes:
- - Oak smoked salmon with lime and vodka tartar, quail eggs and caviar
- - Earl grey and honey smoked duck breast, beetroot jelly and sticky raspberry vinegar
- - Sorbet
- - Char-seared loin of hake and Devon crab linguini
- - Marinated local pork fillet, black olive polenta, crispy bacon, wild mushrooms and thyme and pork infusion
- - A selection of West Country cheeses with chutney
- - Iced elderberry and star anise parfait with poached apricots and vanilla shortbread
- The Queens Arms is a multi-award winning property and has been awarded one AA Rosette for excellence. Previous accolades also include AA Pub of the Year 2009 and Taste of the West Winner 2011.
- This voucher is valid for dinner Sunday, lunch and dinner Monday-Thursday and lunch on Friday, until 31 March, 2013.
- We have also negotiated a 2-night break (worth over £300) for £149 for two. Click here to read the deal in full
The small print
This voucher is valid for two people and must be used in one visit. Each person is entitled to a glass of bubbly and a 7-course tasting menu. Valid for dinner Sunday, lunch and dinner Monday-Thursday and lunch on Friday, subject to availability, until 31 March, 2013. Excludes 23 December-2 January and 14 February. Advance reservations are required. Any additional items ordered will be charged at their usual value. Menu items are subject to change. Multiple vouchers may be purchased per person or as gifts. A 48-hour cancellation policy applies. Cannot be combined with any other offer. No cash value or cash back. See full terms and conditions below.
See all terms