By Travelzoo Staff
Set in idyllic Exmoor National Park, The Cafe Porlock Weir was named as one of Britain's top 30 seaside restaurants by The Daily Telegraph. The venue is now offering two Travelzoo subscribers a 5-course seafood tasting-menu dinner, plus a glass of bubbly each, for £39 instead of the usual £87.50.
Why we love it
- A 5-course seafood tasting dinner plus a glass of bubbly for two in the heart of Exmoor National Park
- Pay £39 for this experience for two instead of the usual £87.50
- Sample locally sourced dishes while soaking up the stunning sea views at The Cafe Porlock Weir
- The Daily Telegraph listed the venue as one of Britain's top 30 seaside restaurants
- "A more perfect spot is hard to imagine" -- The Times
- Alternatively, enjoy the tasting menu, an overnight stay and a full English breakfast for two for £99
- Weekend availability until May 2013 -- this is a great getaway for the new year
Nov. 22, 2012 - May 10, 2013
The Cafe Porlock Weir with Rooms
The Cafe Porlock Weir
Exmoor, TA24 8PB
Tel: 01643 863300
- Although the menu changes due to seasonal availability, here's an idea of what's currently included with the tasting dinner, which is available for lunch or dinner, Wednesday-Sunday:
- - Cured salmon with citrus fruits and dill
- - Tempura of squid with vegetable salad and curry oil
- - Smoked mackerel mousse with fennel salad
- - Pan-roasted lemon sole with lemon, tomato and parsley
- - Glazed crème brûlée with biscotti
- You'll also get a glass of bubbly each.
- Head chef Andrew Dixon learnt his craft at Michelin-recommended restaurants in Jersey and West Sussex before opening up the eatery in Porlock Weir.
- Travelzoo has also negotiated a deal for two people to dine on the 5-course tasting dinner plus an overnight stay in one of the hotel's boutique rooms and a full English breakfast each in the morning. Worth up to £230 depending on the room, you can snap up this deal for £99.
- The Cafe at Porlock Wier, which is set in front of the village's 13th-century harbour, was also named as one of of the 10 most romantic restaurants in Somerset by This is Somerset.
- Both deals are available from Wednesday-Sunday until 10 May, 2013.
- Click here to see all our Christmas gift ideas.
The small print
Update, 6 December, 4:30pm: The overnight accomodation deal has now sold out. There is still availability for the dining offer. Valid for two people and must be used in one visit. Valid for lunch (12pm-2:30pm) or dinner (6pm-8pm) Wednesday-Sunday, until 10 May, 2013. Meal is valid for dinner only on the dinner, bed and breakfast deal. Booking subject to availability. Excludes 24 December-4 January and 10-27 February. Any additional items ordered will be charged at their usual value. Multiple vouchers may be purchased per person or as gifts. Reservations are required. Cannot be combined with any other offer. No cash value or cash back. Menu items are subject to change. The Selworthy room is excluded from this offer. Gratuity is not included. Note: This is a limited offer and may sell out before the stated expiry date.