By Travelzoo Staff
Holmfirth Vineyard, located in the region that provided the backdrop for the "Last of the Summer Wine" TV series, is offering two Travelzoo subscribers a tour with wine tasting, plus breakfast each, for the equivalent of £10 a head.
Why we love it
- A tour and wine tasting plus breakfast with bucks fizz for two at Holmfirth Vineyard in Yorkshire for £20
- Named as one of the top six vineyards in the country by The Mail on Sunday
- Located in "Last of the Summer Wine" country
- Sample a trio of wines while learning the secrets of creating a tasty tipple
- Swap breakfast for afternoon tea (with sparkling and mulled wine each) for an additional £9, or have a 2-course lunch and get a bottle of wine to take home after the tour, for a total of £49
- "Beautifully positioned in the striking Holme Valley, with views across the Peak District" -- The Independent
Nov. 19, 2012 - March 29, 2013
Holmfirth, HD9 2QR
Tel: 01484 691861
- This day out at the 7-acre Yorkshire vineyard usually costs £39.99 for two -- but you can now snap it up for half price.
- Breakfast is served at 9:30am in the on-site restaurant -- choose from eggs Benedict, bacon and egg or sausage sandwiches or warm croissants and toast -- while taking in the views over the vineyard. You'll also get a glass of bucks fizz each (which can be swapped for tea or coffee).
- The 90-minute tour starts at 11am every day, during which time you'll sample three different wines, discussing the differences in variety, taste and smell.
- Alternatively, you can swap the breakfast for the vineyard's Sparkling Winter Warmer Afternoon Tea for an additional £9 (usually £60). This includes a glass of sparkling wine and mulled wine each, parkin, fruit cake and mince pies.
- We have also negotiated for two people to take the vineyard tour, followed by a 2-course lunch in the restaurant, and a bottle of wine to take home, for £49 instead of the usual £99.99.
- The vineyard at Holmfirth was named as one of the top six in the UK by The Mail on Sunday, and the venue has appeared on BBC One's "Countryfile" and Channel 5's "Build A New Life in the Country".
- All three offers are valid Monday-Friday, until 29 March, 2013.
The small print
Update, Monday 26 November, 12:40pm: Weekend availability for all deals has now sold out. There is still Monday-Friday availability remaining. Must be used by two people in one visit. Advance booking is required. Valid Monday-Friday, subject to availability, until 29 March, 2013. Excludes bank holidays. Any additional items ordered will be charged at their usual value. Multiple vouchers may be purchased, also as gifts. Cannot be combined with any other offer. No cash value or cash back. Gratuity is not included. Menu items are subject to change.