By Travelzoo Staff
"Fantastic food and exceptional hospitality" were among the highlights of Marie Claire's visit to Fallowfields Restaurant & Hotel in Kingston Bagpuize. Now, you and a friend can dine on a sumptuous 7-course tasting dinner from acclaimed chef Matt Weedon (former head chef of the Michelin-starred Lords of the Manor), for £79.
Why we love it
- Two can dine on an exquisite 7-course tasting dinner, for £39.50 a head at Fallowfields Hotel & Restaurant
- You'll save more than 50% on this dining package, which also includes canapés, a pre-dessert and coffees for two
- 17th-century manor house restaurant holds two impressive AA Rosettes for the quality of its cuisine
- The Michelin Guide 2013 notes the Grade II-llisted venue's "modern menu" which features many home-grown ingredients
- "Delicious menu... fantastic food" -- Marie Claire
- Head chef Matt Weedon previously worked at the Lords of the Manor, where he held a Michelin Star for five years
April 11, 2013 - Sept. 25, 2013
Fallowfields Hotel & Restaurant
Southmoor with Kingston Bagpuize, OX13 5BH
Tel: 01865 820416
- This gourmet dining package usually costs £163.90 for two -- you'll save 52% and get a tasting dinner such as the following:
- - Canapés
- - Appetisers
- - Ravioli of egg yolk and truffled potato with wild mushrooms and bacon
- - Roasted John Dory served with gingerbread carrots, caramelised lamb sweetbreads and lamb jus
- - Fallowfields' Dexter sirloin wellington with wild garlic, potato mousseline, hedgehog mushrooms and shiraz beef jus
- - Pre-dessert
- - Banoffee soufflé served with banana split and banana sorbet
- - A selection of 5 British regional cheeses
- The tasting dinner will be rounded off with your choice of tea and coffee plus a selection of petit fours.
- The 300-year-old country manor house is surrounded by 12 acres of grounds, and boasts beautiful views across the Cotswolds.
- The AA Restaurant Guide 2013 was impressed by the "handsomely dressed" dining room, and praises the kitchen's use of meat, poultry and vegetables from the owner's own farm.
- This offer is valid for dinner only Sunday-Thursday, with some limited availability Friday-Saturday, until 25 September
The small print
Valid for dinner only, Sunday-Thursday, with some limited availability Friday-Saturday. Excludes 13, 20 April; 2, 6, 18 and 25 May; 1-2, 27 June; 4-5, 20-21, 27, 31 July; 1-3, 17, 30-31 August and 8-9, 14 September. Bookings are subject to availability. Valid until 25 September. Reservations are required. Note: A limited number of vouchers are available for this offer and it may therefore sell out before the stated expiry date. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms