By Travelzoo Staff
The River & Rowing Museum in Henley-on-Thames has been named as one of the world's 50 best museums by The Times. With this offer, entry for two is now over 45% cheaper than usual.
Why we love it
- Entrance to the museum is nearly half the usual price -- tickets are valid for 12 months re-entry
- The museum houses four galleries: the Schwarzenback International Rowing Gallery, the Invesco Perpetual Henley Gallery, the River Gallery and the 3D Wind in the Willows exhibit
- It includes access to a selection of free exhibitions
- The award-winning "bold contemporary building" (The Spectator) was designed by architect David Chipperfield to reflect the wooden barns of Oxfordshire and the local boathouses
- Make it a day trip and explore Henley-on-Thames, which Countryfile online describes as "a picturesque market town on the banks of the River Thames, cloaked by the Chiltern Hills".
Seven days a week until 30 Apr, 2014
River & Rowing Museum
Henley-on-Thames, RG9 1BF
Tel: 01491 415600
- Entry for two adults to the River and Rowing Museum
Includes entry to these free exhibitions: Frazer Nash (15 February-13 July), Swan Upping (until 30 April), Boating Weather – Works by the Henley Arts and Crafts Guild (until 26 January), The Art of Bill Mundy (until 2 February), Blaze of Glory (ongoing), Synchronos – Works by Carolina Godoy (1 February-1 June)
- For £6 upgrade to a family ticket for two adults and two children including the same free exhibitions listed above.
The small print
Not available on 15-23 February and 5-22 April. No booking required. Subject to availability. Valid for two adults. Voucher must be used in one visit but will be exchanged on entry for a ticket valid for 12 months re-entry. Excludes paid-for events. No limit to the number of vouchers that can be purchased per person or as gifts. Vouchers are limited and may therefore sell out before the stated expiry date. Cannot be combined with any other offer. No cash value or cash back.