By Travelzoo Staff
Soar above the Oxfordshire countryside with a gliding taster session at Bicester Gliding Centre. For £39, Travelzoo subscribers can experience two consecutive winch-launched glider lessons, and spend up to 20 minutes in the air overall.
Why we love it
- For £39, experience two exhilirating gliding lessons
- Defy gravity by reaching heights of up to 1400ft
- Take control and fly the glider yourself
- Spend up to 20 minutes in the air
- Fly above the stunning Oxfordshire countryside
- WWII airfield protected by English Heritage
Dec. 13, 2012 - June 30, 2013
Bicester Gliding Centre
Windrushers Gliding Club, Bicester Airfield
Bicester, OX26 5HA
Tel: 01869 252493
- Participants will get a full presentation and safety briefing before settling into the glider and preparing for take off. Once airborne, the instructor will demonstrate the controls before giving you the chance to take over. The dual controlled 2-seater gliders can reach heights of up to 1400 feet and hit speeds of 70mph in a matter of seconds.
- After landing, be prepared to do it all again as the glider is pushed back into position and launched for the second time.
- Winch launching involves the glider being pulled into the air by 2000 feet of steel cable. Bicester Airfield was established in 1917 and retains authentic hangars and a pre-WWII bomb store -- all English Heritage listed buildings
The small print
Valid for one person to have two winch-launched gliding lessons. Must be used in one visit. Bookings must be made by 28 February. Valid Monday-Friday, until 30 June. A 48-hour cancellation policy applies. Must be 14 or older: under 18s must be accompanied by an adult. Height and weight restrictions apply. A limited number of vouchers is available for this offer and it may therefore sell out before the stated expiry date. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms