By Travelzoo Staff
The Lovelady Shield Country House Hotel close to the Lake District has put together an overnight package for two for £129 per room. This saves 45% and includes:
Why we love it
- Save almost 50% on stays at a "delightful" country house on the edge of the Lake District described as "stylish" and "elegant" by the AA
- This package at the Lovelady Shield Country House Hotel, Cumbria, is worth £235
- For £129 per night, get an overnight stay for two in a Classic Room
- Includes a 7-course tasting-menu dinner for two in the 2-AA-Rosette restaurant
- Award-winning Cumbrian breakfast, voted Brilliant Breakfast 2011 by Lovefood.com
- Finalist in the Cumbria Tourist Board Awards' Small Hotel of the Year category, 2010
- Located on the Pennine Way, 22 miles south of Northumberland National Park
Lovelady Shield Country House Hotel
Alston, CA9 3LX
Tel: 01434 381203
What's included & when
- Dec. 19, 2012 - March 31, 2013
- - Accommodation in a Classic Room
- - 7-course tasting-menu dinner for two in the 2-AA-Rosette restaurant (worth £110)
- - A Cumbrian breakfast for two which boasts a Visit Britain Breakfast Award (worth £30)
- This elegant Georgian country house hotel is set in landscaped gardens by the River Nent, on the site of a 13th-century convent. Situated on the Pennine Way between the Lake District and Newcastle, it is 22 miles south of Northumberland National Park, 2.5 miles from the village of Alston, and just 40 minutes' drive from Hadrian's Wall.
- The hotel was a finalist for Small Hotel of the Year 2010 in the Cumbria Tourist Board Awards and is praised by The Telegraph for its "lovely" setting, “old-fashioned charm", "absolutely delicious" food, "blissfully comfortable" beds and "immaculate" breakfast.
- The hotel has a 2-AA-Rosette restaurant, serving British cuisine with a continental twist, made from high-quality local ingredients, with the food described as "outstanding" by the Good Hotel Guide. There is also an award-winning menu of over 100 wines for guests to choose from. On-site parking is free.
- This offer is valid for stays until 31 March, 2013. Saturday-night stays are an extra £30 per room (payable to the hotel on booking).
- Additional nights are available for £70 on a bed-and-breakfast basis (regularly £125).
- Not available on 24 December-2 January; 9-10, 14-16 February
The small print
This voucher is valid for one night's accommodation for two people in a Classic Room, with full Cumbrian breakfast and a 7-course tasting-menu dinner for two. Vouchers are valid for stays until 31 March, 2013. Saturday-night stays are subject to a £30 supplement (payable to the hotel on booking). Additional nights are available for £70 on a B&B basis. Not available on 24 December-2 January; 9-10, 14-16 February. Subject to availability. A limited number of rooms per night are available, so early booking is advised. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms