By Travelzoo Staff
"Maurice's Jubilee" is "poignant" and "quietly wonderful", says the London Evening Standard
. Save 40% on the price of a top ticket for this critically acclaimed play, which is coming to the Opera House in Manchester later this week.
Why we love it
- Save 40% this week on a ticket for "Maurice's Jubilee" at the Opera House in Manchester
- These seats are some of the best in the house
- Written by and starring Nichola McAuliffe, who won a Best Actress Olivier Award for her role in hit musical "Kiss Me, Kate"
- The critically acclaimed show is touring the UK for a limited time, following a successful stint at the Edinburgh Festival last year
- Includes Friday and Saturday evening shows
Jan. 21, 2013 - Jan. 26, 2013
Opera House Manchester
3 Quay Street
Manchester, M3 3HP
- During a successful stint at last summer's Edinburgh Festival, the 3-hander -- written by and starring Olivier Award-winning actress Nichola McAuliffe -- received glowing reviews. Telling a very British love story through the marriage of retired jeweller Maurice and his wife Helena as they navigate old age, it also touches on the country's long-standing relationship with its royal family. Full of "spry wit" and with "a touch of Alan Bennett", says The Daily Telegraph, "Maurice's Jubilee" also stars stage-and-screen veterans Sheila Reid ("Benidorm") and Julian Glover ("The Young Victoria").
- This £15 offer is for a Price Band A ticket in the Stalls or Circle, worth £25. Subject to availability, all matinée and evening performances from 24-26 January are included.
- Alternatively, get a Price Band B seat, worth £20, for £15. The only extra to pay with either offer is a £4-per-transaction fee.
- "A touching love story with a twist... A sparkling gem" -- The Independent
- "Funny but often true... It gleams brightly" -- The Guardian
- "A triumph" -- London Evening Standard
- How to Book: Click "Buy Now" to book directly with ATG Tickets. Choose your preferred performance, select where you want to sit, and then choose the number of discounted Price Band A or B seats you require
The small print
The £15 offer is for a Price Band A ticket worth £25 or a Price Band B ticket worth £20. Valid for afternoon and evening performances on 24-26 January. Subject to availability. Must be used in one visit. Advance booking required. Not valid for tickets already purchased. No cash value or cash back. The full value quoted is based on the maximum ticket cost plus additional per-ticket fees at the time of publication. Cannot be used retrospectively or in conjunction with any other offer.
See all terms