By Travelzoo Staff
Stay in an 800-year old castle two miles from Dublin city centre for £129 per room, with this offer from the Clontarf Castle Hotel. Time Out Dublin calls it "suitably grand" with "a unique atmosphere" and the Irish Independent dubs it "a delight". Your getaway will include dinner at the Michelin Guide-listed Fahrenheit Grill.
Why we love it
- Save 45% on an overnight stay at the Clontarf Castle Hotel in Dublin -- Deluxe Rooms are now £129 per room
- The 12th-century property is "suitably grand" with a "unique atmosphere", says Time Out Dublin
- Includes a 3-course dinner in the Fahrenheit Grill (worth £48/60€ per person)
- Full Irish breakfast
- Restaurant is listed in The Michelin Guide
- Only two miles from Dublin city centre and five miles from the airport. We found flights to Dublin from £34 from various UK airports over this travel window
Clontarf Castle Hotel
Dublin, Ireland, 3
Tel: 00 353 1833 2321
What's included & when
- March 15, 2013 - May 1, 2013
- Valid for stays seven days a week until 1 May, the price includes:
- -Overnight stay for two in a Deluxe Room
- -3-course dinner from a set menu at the Fahrenheit Grill (worth £48/60€ per person)
- -Full Irish breakfast
- Add on extra nights for £70 per room -- 2-night stays are £199, with daily breakfast and dinner on the first night.
- The 4-star property, which dates back to the 12th century, has had a turbulent history, having been built on the site of the Battle of Clontarf and previously seen off Vikings, The Knights Templar and Cromwell's Puritans. Today, after a 10€ million refurbishment in 2007, the hotel is known for its "luxurious... cosy and romantic" rooms, according to travel guide Simonseeks.com, and won the 2009 Prix Villegiature award for the Best Hotel Interior Design in Europe.
- Located in the north of the city, the hotel is a 5-minute walk from the seafront. Croke Park, the home of Gaelic football is also nearby and Dublin city centre is easily accessible by public transport or taxi. The airport is five miles away.
- Getting there: We found return flights to Dublin airport with Ryanair from £34 from London, Liverpool, Edinburgh, Newcastle, Manchester and Bristol, over these travel dates. Click here to search for flights with Fly.com.
- No availability on 6, 9, 13, 22 April
The small print
Available seven days a week until 1 May. Subject to availability. Reservations are required. Bookings will only be taken with a valid voucher. There is no limit to the number of vouchers you can buy. Email email@example.com to enquire if call volumes are high. No availability on: 6, 9, 13, 22 April.
See all terms