By Travelzoo Staff
For £69 per night, escape to a hotel in the west of Northern Ireland that has previously welcomed Jude Law, Tommy Hilfiger, Bill Clinton and Will Ferrell. This package from Beech Hill Country House Hotel saves up to 42% on the usual rate and includes a walking tour of Derry, the City of Culture for 2013.
Why we love it
- Stay in a 4-star Northern Irish hotel frequented by A-list celebrities and politicians for £69 -- half the usual price
- Includes overnight accommodation with a cooked breakfast, a bottle of wine and a walking tour of Derry
- The Belfast Telegraph says Beech Hill Country House Hotel ''the epitome of old-fashioned comfort"
- ''A genuine taste of of Irish hospitality'' says The Good Hotel Guide
- Highly commended in the Hotel Accommodation Category at the Northern Ireland Tourism Awards 2012
- Was used as a command outpost by US Marines during WWII
- A 15-minute drive from City of Derry Airport, which is accessible from four major airports in Britain
The Beech Hill Country House Hotel
32 Ardmore Rd
County Londonderry, BT47 3QP
Tel: 028 7134 9279
What's included & when
- Jan. 18, 2013 - April 18, 2013
- In full, this deal includes overnight accommodation, breakfast, a bottle of wine (worth £16.95), a walking tour of Derry with Martin McCrossan (worth £8) and a late checkout until midday.
- Valid any day of the week from 27 January-18 April.
- The family-run Beech Hill was built in 1729 and is set in woodland filled with ponds and waterfalls. The hotel has free Wi-Fi throughout, a museum dedicated to WWII (US marines were based here) and a restaurant. Bill Clinton liked his stay so much, he returned three more times.
- The restaurant's set-menu ranges from creamy saffron risotto Milanese style and terrine of Irish ham hock, to poached haddock with buttery colcannon potatoes and grilled fillet of beef with wild mushrooms. The restaurant has been acclaimed as the Best Hotel Restaurant in Londonderry for three years running at the Irish Restaurant Association Awards.
- The walled city of Londonderry is a 5-minute drive away, while Learmount Forest and Banagher Forest are within a 10-minute drive. One of Europe's natural wonders, the Giant's Causeway, is an hour's drive from the hotel.
- Guests can also stay for two nights with daily breakfast, one bottle of wine and a walking tour included for £99 per room. Superior Room upgrades are available for £10 extra per room, per night.
- We found return flights from London for £55 to the City of Derry Airport. Click here to search for flights with Fly.com
The small print
Subject to availability. This voucher is valid for an overnight stay for two people sharing a Standard Double or Twin Room with cooked breakfast, a bottle of house wine, a late checkout and a walking tour of Derry. Valid from 27 January-18 April. Not available on 15-16 February; 15-16, 22-23, 30 March; 5-6, 11 April. Children under 12 years old can stay for £20 per child on a B&B basis.
See all terms