By Travelzoo Staff
Stay at a deluxe rural retreat in West Yorkshire and save a hefty 53%. An overnight break at Holdsworth House Hotel in Halifax is now £79 per room and includes Accommodation for two in a Snug Double Room, full English breakfast per person, homemade cream tea and a welcome drink each.
Why we love it
- Save over £90 on an overnight break in a West Yorkshire Jacobean manor
- Rooms are now £79 per night at Holdsworth House Hotel in Halifax -- a sizeable saving of 53%
- Includes accommodation for two in a Snug Double Room with full English breakfast
- A complimentary welcome drink and cream tea per person
- For £99, swap cream tea for a 2-course lunch in the restaurant mentioned in the Michelin Guide 2013 and recommended by Jamie Oliver
Holdsworth House Hotel
Holdsworth House Hotel
Halifax, HX2 9TG
Tel: 01422 240024
What's included & when
- Aug. 16, 2013 - Nov. 30, 2013
- This cosy, family-run hotel celebrates its golden jubilee this year, but the building it occupies dates back to 1633. A hidden gem in the Yorkshire countryside, this Jacobean property has bags of charm: secluded gardens and courtyards, mullioned windows, oak panelling and maybe one or two creaky floorboards. The house was once a base for the Knights Templar and the hotel has since welcomed The Beatles and Jamie Oliver as guests.
- With two AA Rosettes and a listing in the Michelin Guide 2013, the restaurant serves contemporary cuisine made with locally sourced produce.
- The Yorkshire Sculpture Triangle, Eureka! Children's Museum, the Yorkshire Dales and Brontë country are all close by. Wi-Fi and parking are free.
- This offer is valid for stays until 30 November. Saturday nights are an extra £25 per room (payable to the hotel on booking).
- Swap cream tea for a 2-course lunch in the 2-AA-Rosette restaurant for an extra £20 per room. According to the AA, the food "provides the highlight of any stay and is served in the elegant restaurant by friendly, attentive staff".
- Guests will also receive a free bottle of house wine with dinner if both
- adults purchase a minimum of two courses in the hotel restaurant in the
- Not available on 6-7, 20-21 September; 26 October.
- How to book: Click "Buy Now" to purchase your voucher(s). Then contact the hotel directly to complete your reservation.
The small print
This voucher is valid for an overnight stay for two people in a Snug Double Room with full English breakfast, a welcome drink on arrival and a cream tea per person. Vouchers are valid for stays until 30 November. Saturday nights are subject to a £25 supplement (payable to the hotel on booking). Subject to availability. Rooms at this price are limited, so early booking is advised. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms