By Travelzoo Staff
Jesmond Dene House Hotel, hailed as a "wonderful Arts and Crafts mansion" by The Daily Telegraph, sits just outside the centre of Newcastle in one of the city’s trendiest neighbourhoods. Overnight stays in an upgraded room are now 44% less than usual -- for £99 per room instead of up to £177, this deal includes accommodation for two in a Superior Room and continental breakfast (worth £13.50 per person).
Why we love it
- Overnight stay for two with breakfast at Jesmond Dene House Hotel
- Save 44% on the usual rate
- Includes a guaranteed upgrade to a Superior Room
- The Guardian singles this property out as the place to stay in Newcastle in its 2013 quick guide to the city
- Upgrade to a foodie package including a 6-course set-menu dinner in the 3-AA-Rosette restaurant and a glass of champagne for £198 in total
Jesmond Dene House Hotel
Jesmond Dene House
Jesmond Dene Road
Newcastle-upon-Tyne, NE2 2EY
Tel: 0191 212 3000
What's included & when
- March 4, 2013 - June 4, 2013
- Named Small Hotel of the Year 2012 at the North East England Tourism Awards, and a current AA Inspectors' Choice hotel, Jesmond Dene House is a Grade II-listed building that mixes townhouse, boutique and country-house styles. Set next to the Victorian park after which it is named, it is praised by The Guardian for its "tucked-away attic spaces, private balconies and garden views, giving you the feel of a country manor just minutes from the city".
- Upgraded Superior Rooms are individually styled and larger than the standard rooms. They feature large doubles or super king-size beds, crisp white Egyptian cotton bed linen and colourful throws, fresh fruit in the room on arrival and Arran Aromatics toiletries in the bathrooms.
- The 3-AA-Rosette restaurant offers a contemporary take on classic British cooking and ingredients sourced locally where possible; some are even grown in the hotel's kitchen garden. Travelzoo subscribers can upgrade their stay to include a 6-course tasting menu dinner and a glass of champagne each for £198 for two (package worth up to £329).
- This offer is valid for Sunday-to Friday-stays until 4 June
The small print
Valid for an overnight stay in a Superior Room, plus a continental breakfast. Valid Sunday-Friday until 4 June. Subject to availability. Reservations are required. Limited availability on Fridays. Excludes bank holidays. Not available on 15, 29, 31 March; 1, 12 April; 6, 27 May. See below for full terms and conditions. Now not available on 7 March.
See all terms