By Travelzoo Staff
Recommended as a top place to stay in The Daily Telegraph's list of Britain's best castles, Otterburn Castle Country House Hotel has put together a stay-and-dine package for £89 per room. Valid until 30 April, the offer includes:
Why we love it
- Stay in an 11th-century Northumberland castle for £89 per room instead of £216
- This deal from Otterburn Castle Country House Hotel includes a 3-couse à la carte dinner and a bottle of wine
''Country-house cooking in a medieval castle'' -- The AA Restaurant Guide 2012
- Surrounded by the countryside of the Northumberland National Park, Otterburn Castle is less than an hour's drive from the Scottish border
- One of the few British castles with bedrooms in the castle itself
- Valid for stays until 30 April
Otterburn Castle Country House Hotel
Northumberland, NE19 1NS
Tel: 01830 520620
What's included & when
- Jan. 28, 2013 - April 30, 2013
- - Overnight stay for two in a Double Room
- - 3-course à la carte dinner at the 2-AA-Rosette Oak Room Restaurant (worth £30 per person)
- - A bottle of wine with dinner (worth £15.95)
- - Full English breakfast
- Valid for stays until 30 April. Extra nights can be added for £60 on a bed-and-breakfast basis. This deal is not available on 13, 18, 20-23 February; 1-3, 8-9, 15-16, 21-23, 28-31 March; 5-6. 12-13, 19-20; 26-27 April. However, for £169 per room, a 2-night Valentine's deal is available, including accommodation, daily breakfast, 3-course à la carte dinner and a bottle of wine on the first night.
- The castle, set on a 32-acre estate in the Northumberland National Park, was founded in 1086 by a cousin of William the Conqueror to protect Tynedale and Redesdale from the Scots. Today, guests' can explore Otterburn Trail, the Pennine Way and the area's Roman ruins. There is an on-site spa, bicycles for hire, shooting, and fishing in the River Rede (complimentary for guests).
- The property is less than an hour from the Scottish border and Alnwick Castle and Gardens (where scenes from the "Harry Potter" films were shot), and National Trust properties Wallington Hall and Cragside.
- Due to the popularity of this offer, please bear with Otterburn Castle when trying to book. We recommend that you email the hotel after buying your voucher.
The small print
Subject to availability. Dates are subject to selling out. Valid for overnight accommodation, breakfast and 3-course à la carte dinner with a bottle of wine. Valid for stays until 30 April. Not available on 14-23 February; 1, 8, 15, 28-29 March or on Bank Holidays. Service charge in the restaurant is not included, but subscribers are encouraged to tip based on the full value of the experience. Once reservations have been made, bookings are non-transferable and non-refundable. Cannot be combined with any other offer. No cash value or cash back. Note: This offer is no longer available for Saturday nights. Now sold out on 13, 18, 20-23 February; 1-3, 8-9, 15-16, 21-23, 28-31 March; 5-6. 12-13, 19-20; 26-27 April.
See all terms