By Travelzoo Staff
Some of the top walks in the country can be had in Yorkshire, and ShortList magazine says it has "some of our greatest natural food resources on its doorstep". Experience the best of the region with this foodie walking weekend -- now £125 per person.
Why we love it
- A walking weekend in Yorkshire for £125 instead of £285
- Stay in a 15th-century former friary in the East Yorkshire market town of Beverley
- Includes foodie extras made from local produce
- The Guardian says "The Yorkshire Dales offers some of the best walking country in the UK"
- Upgrade to a 3-night stay in a luxury cottage for £225 -- usually £495
- Explore the surrounding countryside on fully guided walks of around 7-8 miles each day
Chesterfield, S41 7NA
Tel: 0161 401 0460
What's included & when
- Nov. 21, 2012 - Nov. 30, 2013
- The package has been discounted by 56% and includes:
- - 2-night stay at the YHA Beverley Friary
- - Taster selection of local chutneys, jams and pickles on the Friday night
- - Daily breakfast of local artisan breads, cereals, jams, yoghurt, fruit and fruit juice
- - Fully guided walks in the local area on both days
- - Tea and cake after Saturday's activities
- - 3-course dinner on Saturday night with local, seasonal produce and a cheeseboard
- You'll stay in a dorm room at the YHA Beverley Friary -- if you'd prefer private accommodation, upgrade to the Premium package for £225 per person. This 2-night weekend (plus an optional free third night) includes accommodation at High Mill, a luxury holiday cottage close to the North York Moors National Park, wine, port and liqueurs with Saturday's meal.
- The YHA Beverley Friary is housed in a 600-year-old restored Dominican friary and has many of the original features, as well as a large walled garden, still intact. Dinner will consist of dishes such as tarts made with locally grown leeks and gruyère cheese, garlic rack of lamb and individual puddings filled with damsons and blackberries in a sloe gin syrup.
- To view the recommended kit list, click here.
- This offer is valid on select dates, subject to availability, until 30 November, 2013.
- How to Book: After purchasing your voucher, click here to view all dates currently available and follow the on-screen instructions to book your experience, entering your details, preferred date and the number on your voucher (not the PIN) when prompted.
The small print
Valid on select dates, subject to availability, until 30 November, 2013. Must be used by one person. Additional vouchers may be purchased as gifts. A 1-month cancellation policy applies. All date amendments are subject to availability. Suitable for beginners to intermediates. Participants must be at least 18 years old and in good health. Warm, sensible clothing and walking boots must be worn. Based on dorm room accommodation. Upgrade to a 3-night stay in a luxury cottage for £225. If one voucher is bought you'll share a twin room on a same-sex basis.
See all terms