By Claire Stapleton
Alnwick "is an elegant maze" of "cobbled streets spread out beneath the watchful gaze of a colossal medieval castle" (Lonely Planet). For £129 per night, stay at The White Swan, which overlooks the castle, and unwind with prosecco, canapés and dinner.
Why we love it
- You save 39% on overnight stays at The White Swan, a 300-year-old coaching inn in the market town of Alnwick
- The hotel overlooks The Alnwick Garden, a collection of themed gardens described by the Daily Mail as "magical"
- You will get the best available Classic Double room at the time of booking -- some rooms overlook the gardens
- Newcastle is 45 minutes by car, and walkers’ favourite Northumberland National Park is an hour and 15 minutes by car
The White Swan, Alnwick
Alnwick, NE66 1TD
Tel: 08456 038 892
What's included & when
- Valid from 1 July until 31 August
- An overnight stay for two people, in the best available Classic Double room, with full English breakfast
A glass of prosecco each (worth £6.95 per person)
Pre-dinner canapés (worth £5.95 per person)
A £25 per-person allowance to spend on a 3-course dinner in the hotel's restaurant
If you decide to visit The Alnwick Garden, you can also explore one of the world's largest treehouses, complete with wobbly rope bridges, wooden walkways and a treetop restaurant
The small print
Subject to availability. Rooms at the promotional price are limited, so early booking is advised.
See all terms