By Travelzoo Staff
For £199 per room, Travelzoo subscribers can now stay in a Grade II-listed property on the edge of the North York Moors, and dine in a restaurant run by James Martin, the host of BBC One's "Saturday Kitchen". This gourmet break at the Talbot Hotel in Malton saves 45% on the regular price and includes:
Why we love it
- Stay at the Grade II-listed Talbot Hotel in North Yorkshire for £199 per room, per night, and save 45% on the regular price
- Includes a 5-course tasting-menu dinner for two (worth £65 per person) at the on-site restaurant run by James Martin, presenter of BBC One's "Saturday Kitchen"
- Full English breakfast and Jacques Boncoeur Rosé champagne (worth £58)
North Yorkshire, YO17 7AJ
Tel: 01653 639096
What's included & when
- July 15, 2013 - Oct. 31, 2013
- - Overnight accommodation for two people in a Norton room (pictured)
- - Full English breakfast (worth £30)
- - 5-course tasting-menu for two (worth £65 per person)
- - Bottle of Jacques Boncoeur Rosé champagne (worth £58)
- The hotel was originally built in the early 17th century as a hunting lodge in the traditional market town of Malton, North Yorkshire. It is close to Castle Howard near the edge of the North York Moors and is a 40-minute drive from the Yorkshire Heritage Coast.
- Jay Rayner from The Observer praised his meal at the Talbot Hotel as "the single best plate of food I have been served so far this year". The 5-course tasting menu includes Yellison's Farm crowdie mousse with beetroot and pine nuts; North Coast halibut with spring vegetables and Yorkshire chorizo broth; Waterford Farm's new-season lamb with creamed potato and local asparagus; wild strawberry sorbet with balsamic and lemon balm; and dark chocolate and rapeseed oil ganache with salted caramel.
- Valid for stays seven days a week from 4 August-31 October.
The small print
This voucher includes overnight accommodation for two people in a Norton room, full English breakfast, a 5-course tasting-menu dinner (worth £65 per person) and a bottle of Jacques Boncoeur Rosé champagne (worth £58). Valid seven days a week from
See all terms
4 August-31 October. Subject to availability. Due to the hotel releasing more availability, we have been able to reopen this offer. Now sold out on: 1-3, 5-18, 20, 22-31 August; 1-2, 6-10, 13-15, 20-21, 24, 27-28 September; 2-6, 10-14, 18-20, 25-27 October.