By Travelzoo Staff
Whitby is "one of the prettiest towns on a striking stretch of coast", says The Daily Telegraph, and a perfect destination for a mini break, with its brightly bobbing fishing boats, cobbled streets and colourful harbourside houses. Travelzoo subscribers can stay at Dunsley Hall for £139, this deal regularly costs £249 and includes:
Why we love it
- Save over £110 at Dunsley Hall in the historic seafaring town of Whitby, North Yorkshire
- Includes an overnight stay in a standard Double room with full Yorkshire breakfast
- Guests also get a 3-course à la carte dinner for two (worth up to £60)
- Head chef David Quinn and his team have received two breakfast awards from VisitEngland and deliciouslyorkshire.co.uk.
Dunsley Hall Country House Hotel
North Yorkshire, YO21 3TL
Tel: 01947 893437
What's included & when
- Sept. 26, 2012 - Jan. 31, 2013
- - Overnight stay for two in a standard Double room
- - 3-course à la carte dinner in the AA-Rosette Oak Room Restaurant (worth up to £60)
- - Full Yorkshire breakfast
- - Glass of fizz each (worth £14)
- The Condé Nast Johansens-recommended hotel is a "hidden gem" situated in four acres of landscaped gardens. The Victorian villa is a member of the Britain's Finest Hotels and the Best Loved Hotels collections, and was featured in The Good Hotel Guide 2011. The on-site Oak Room Restaurant serves classic British cuisine and has been awarded an AA Rosette.
- "Overlooked by a dramatic ruined 17th-century abbey, Whitby's narrow
- medieval streets are beguilingly picturesque," says the World Travel
- Guide website. It is an ideal base for exploring the North York Moors National Park, Captain Cook Memorial Museum, and Castle Howard, the filming location for "Brideshead Revisited" and ITV's "Heartbeat". It is also home to the Whitby Abbey ruins, and its clifftop location high above the North Yorkshire coastline is said to have inspired Bram Stoker's Gothic masterpiece, Dracula.
- Valid seven days a week until 31 January, 2013.
- Not available on 12, 20 October; 24-26, 30-31 December; 1, 18 January.
The small print
Valid for an overnight stay in a standard Double room, full Yorkshire breakfast, a 3-course à la carte dinner for two and a glass of fizz each. Valid seven days a week until 31 January, 2013. Subject to availability. Please note: the hotel has added more availability so we have extended the book by date.
See all terms