By Travelzoo Staff
Lonely Planet notes Betws-y-Coed's "dramatic setting above an inky river", and recommends it as "a base with an Alpine feel from which to explore Snowdonia National Park". With this offer, two people can stay overnight at the Royal Oak Hotel for £89 instead of up to £165.
Why we love it
- £89 for an overnight stay for two at the Royal Oak Hotel in Betws-y-Coed in Snowdonia
- This deal usually costs up to £165 -- you save 46%
- Includes breakfast and a 3-course à la carte dinner
- The AA Hotel Guide 2013 describes this former coaching inn as "elegant" and "comfortable"
- Set amongst mountains, valleys, rivers, lakes and forests
- The Royal Oak is within easy reach of local activities including walking, mountain climbing, watersports
Royal Oak Hotel
Snowdonia National Park, Gwydyr Forest Park
Betws-y-Coed, LL24 0AY
Tel: 01690 710219 / 710011
What's included & when
- Until 28 February, 2014. Guests can upgrade to a Superior room for an extra £20 per night, or to a Deluxe room for an additional £40 per night, payable directly to the hotel upon arrival.
- An overnight stay for two
Full Welsh breakfast
A 3-course à la carte dinner (worth £25 per person)
Guests can dine in the AA-Rosette-awarded Llugwy River Restaurant from Wednesday to Saturday. On Sunday-Tuesday, food is served in the Grill Room restaurant
Guests get free use of Stations Leisure Complex (usually £13) -- it has a heated indoor pool, a Jacuzzi, a steam room and a sauna
We have also negotiated a 2-night package for £159 (usually up to £285), including breakfast on both days and a 3-course à la carte meal on one night.
The small print
Due to the hotel releasing more availability, we have been able to reopen this offer. All weekends in October are fully booked. Valid for an overnight stay for two people in a standard room. Each person is entitled to breakfast and a 3-course dinner. Valid seven days a week, subject to availability, until 28 February, 2014. Excludes 20-21 September; 26 October; 30 November; and 22 December-2 January. Availability is limited on Friday and Saturday nights. On Sunday-Tuesday dinner will be served in the Grill Room restaurant, and on Wednesday-Saturday it will be served in Llugwy River Restaurant. See below for full terms and conditions. Update (10:35am, 12 September): All weekends in October are fully booked.
See all terms