By Travelzoo Staff
An overnight stay on the edge of Snowdonia is now £139 per room -- a saving of over 40% on the regular package price. This exclusive deal includes accommodation for two in a Countryside View Room at the Lake Vyrnwy Country House Hotel & Spa in Llanwddyn, plus the following perks:
Why we love it
- Snap up an overnight stay at an award-winning Snowdonia property for £139 per room
- This break for two at the AA 4-star Lake Vyrnwy Country House Hotel & Spa saves over 40%
- Includes accommodation in a Countryside View Room with full Welsh breakfast
- Guests also get a 5-course dinner in the AA-Rosette Tower Restaurant
- Bonus treats include a complimentary glass of champagne, handmade truffles and a free book of discount vouchers for sporting activities, spa treatments in the award-winning spa and food and drinks on site
- Rated by Classic British Hotels, Welsh Rarebits, Condé Nast Johansens, Alastair Sawdays and BritainsFinest.co.uk
Lake Vyrnwy Hotel
Lake Vyrnwy Hotel & Spa
Powys, SY10 0LY
Tel: 01691 870692
What's included & when
- Feb. 27, 2013 - May 16, 2013
- - Full Welsh breakfast (worth £34)
- - 5-course dinner in the AA-Rosette Tower Restaurant (worth £80)
- - Glass of champagne and gold-dusted handmade truffles on arrival (worth £30) to celebrate winning a Visit Wales Gold Award for Tourism, 2012
- - Book of discount vouchers for sporting activities, spa treatments, food and drinks on site (worth up to £70)
- The 4-star Lake Vyrnwy is near the Berwyn Mountains and around two hours' drive from both Manchester and Birmingham. "The view from the Lake Vyrnwy Hotel, which is situated in a 24,000-acre
- nature reserve on the edge of Snowdonia, is like something from a
- Brothers Grimm fairytale," says The Times.
- Completely refurbished in 2009, it has an AA-Rosette-awarded restaurant serving fresh produce from the Vyrnwy estate, plus a cocktail bar and the informal Tavern Bar. Items on the restaurant's menu include shoulder of Welsh lamb wrapped in Carmarthen ham and Welsh black beef from farms in the Berwyn Mountains.
- The in-house spa recently received a 4-bubble rating from The Good Spa Guide. The hotel also offers discounts on local country pursuits including fly fishing, clay-pigeon shooting, bike hire, sailing, canoeing and kayaking.
- "Nestled in the beautiful Welsh countryside, this area looks to have the perfect mix of activities and relaxation," says Travelzoo's Guest Editor this week, the Paralympic champion Sarah Storey.
- This offer is valid for Sunday-Thursday spring stays from 2 April-16 May.
- Up to two extra nights are available to Travelzoo subscribers for an exclusive price of £25 per room, per night, on a room-only basis (bookable direct with the hotel)
The small print
Valid for one night's accommodation for two people in a Countryside View Room with full Welsh breakfast, 5-course dinner, a glass of champagne per person, handmade truffles and discount vouchers in the room on arrival. Vouchers are valid for Sunday-Thursday stays from 2 April-16 May. 2- and 3-night stays are available for an additional £25 per night on a room-only basis (bookable with the hotel direct). Subject to availability. A limited number of rooms per night are available, so early booking is advised. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms