By Travelzoo Staff
The food at the Hotel du Vin & Bistro Newcastle was "richly satisfying" according to The Journal, and the overall experience was "very polished". With this offer, two Travelzoo subscribers can discover this venue for themselves, with a 2-course lunch, complete with bubbly for £30 (instead of up to £62.50).
Why we love it
- £30 for a 2-course lunch for two, with bubbly, at the Hotel du Vin & Bistro Newcastle
- Usually costing up to £62.50; you save 52%
- "The food is impressive" -- North East Life
- The Journal describes it as a "chic urban bolthole" with "bags of character"
- The Daily Telegraph notes the "magnificent views down the River Tyne"
- This red-brick building used to be home to the Tyne Tees Steam Shipping Company
- Set close to the Quayside, the hotel is a 15-minute walk from Newcastle city centre
June 24, 2013 - Aug. 31, 2013
Hotel Du Vin & Bistro Newcastle
Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 2BE
Tel: 0844 736 4259
- The set menu may change, depending on what is fresh and available, but here's an idea of what you can expect:
- -A glass of bubbly each
- -A starter each such as smoked salmon tartare, or chicken terrine with Dijon mayonnaise
- -A main course each such as smoked mackerel with crushed new potatoes, or beef bourguignon with garlic pommes purée mash
- This deal is available 12pm-2pm, Monday-Friday, until 31 August.
- The Hotel du Vin & Bistro Newcastle (former home of the Tyne Tees Steam Shipping Company), boasts great views of the Quayside and the city's swing bridges. It is a 15-minute walk from Newcastle city centre
The small print
This voucher is valid for two people and must be used in one visit. Each person is entitled to a glass of bubbly, a starter and a main course from the set lunch menu. Valid 12pm-2pm (lunchtime only), Monday-Friday, until 31 August. Excludes bank holiday Mondays. Note: A limited number of vouchers are available for this offer and it may therefore sell out before the stated expiry date. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms