By Travelzoo Staff
The Manor House Inn is set within the rugged Northumbrian countryside, overlooking open moorland and the beautiful Derwent Valley. For £19 (instead of up to £35.90), two Travelzoo subscribers can visit for a 2-course lunch, before exploring the area by foot.
Why we love it
- £19 for a 2-course lunch for two at The Manor House Inn in Carterway Heads
- Usually costing up to £35.90, you save 47%
- Alternatively, two people can dine in the evening with two courses and a glass of prosecco for £25 (instead of £47.80)
- The AA Pub Guide 2013 says this venue is within the region's "pick of the pubs" and describes it as "an ideal base for exploring the region"
- This pub, which was originally built around 1760, overlooks open moorland and the beautiful Derwent Valley
- Recommended by The Good Pub Guide, which describes it as "homely and old-fashioned"
- Only 30 minutes away from Newcastle and Durham
June 4, 2013 - Nov. 14, 2013
The Manor House Inn
The Manor House Inn
Carterway Heads, DH8 9LX
Tel: 01207 255 268
- Here's what you can expect:
- -A starter such as seasonal pâté with melba toast and homemade red onion marmalade, or Northumbrian black pudding, with apple, poached egg and crisp mixed leaf salad
- -A main course such as slow-roasted Northumbrian belly pork with braised cabbage and a honey and parsnip purée, or North Sea haddock in crispy beer batter with pea purée, homemade chips and tartar sauce
- This deal can be taken at lunchtime from 12pm-4:30pm. Alternatively, two people can dine in the evening (4:30-10pm) for £25 instead of £47.80 and tuck into two courses, with a glass of prosecco each.
- Both deals are available Monday-Friday, until 14 November.
- The AA Pub Guide 2013 says The Manor House Inn is within the region's the "pick of the pubs" and it also comes recommended by The Good Pub Guide
The small print
This voucher is valid for two people and must be used in one visit. Each person is entitled to a starter and a main course at lunchtime only. A supplement of £3 applies to the prawn starter and a supplement of £5 applies to the steaks. Valid for lunch only (12pm-4:30pm), Monday-Friday, until 14 November. Bookings will be taken up to a maximum of 10 days in advance. Excludes bank holiday weekends. Note: A limited number of vouchers are available for this offer and it may therefore sell out before the stated expiry date. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms