By Travelzoo Staff
The Jesmond Dene House Hotel in Newcastle holds three AA Rosettes for culinary excellence and serves dishes brimming with "refinement, creativity and skill" according to The AA Restaurant Guide 2013. Find out what makes it so special with a 6-course tasting-menu dinner and a glass of champagne for £50 (instead of £76).
Why we love it
- £50 for a 6-course tasting-menu dinner with a glass of champagne at the Jesmond Dene House Hotel in Newcastle
- This fine-dining venue holds three AA Rosettes for culinary excellence
- Alternatively, two can dine for £99, or four can dine for £195
- We have also negotiated for two people to have dinner, bed and breakfast for £198
- "Dazzling, innovative food in a splendid Georgian house" -- The AA Restaurant Guide 2013
- "This is an impressive and honest restaurant" -- The Guardian
- "Contemporary hotel in a trendy suburb of Newcastle" -- The Daily Telegraph
March 4, 2013 - June 4, 2013
Jesmond Dene House Hotel
Jesmond Dene Road
Newcastle-upon-Tyne, NE2 2EY
Tel: 0191 212 3000
- The menu may change depending on seasonality, but here's an example what you can expect:
- -A glass of champagne
- -Roasted figs with pickled celery and stichelton salad
- -Oak-smoked eel, with forced rhubarb, potato, chorizo and clamped carrots
- -Braised ox tongue with pickled oysters, cucumber dressing and horseradish
- -Steamed wild turbot with cauliflower cheese, leeks and Périgord truffle
- -Galloway beef fillet with bone marrow and parsley crust, caramelised onion purée and oxtail croustillant
- -Milk chocolate sphere with praline ice cream
- Alternatively, two people can dine for £99 (instead of £152), or four can dine for £195 (instead of £304). We have also negotiated for two people to have dinner, bed and breakfast for £198 (usually £329).
- These deals are all available Sunday-Friday, until 4 June.
- Want to give this experience as a gift for Mother's Day? Click on "Buy Now", then select 'Give this as a Gift' and fill in the recipient's name before completing your purchase. We will then create a personalised gift voucher which you can print out or email to your loved one.
The small print
This voucher is valid for one person to have a 6-course tasting-menu dinner, plus a glass of champagne. Valid Sunday-Friday, until 4 June. Subject to availability. Reservations are required. Limited availability on Fridays. Excludes bank holidays. A 48-hour cancellation policy applies. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Must be used in one visit. Additional vouchers may be purchased as gifts for others. There is no limit to the number of vouchers that may be used per table. Any additional items ordered will be charged at their usual value. Menu items are subject to change. No cash value or cash back. Gratuity is not included.