By Travelzoo Staff
The Good Pub Guide 2013 describes the Manners Arms as a "handsome Georgian hunting lodge, beautifully renovated by the Duke and Duchess of Rutland as an upscale country inn". Discover it for yourself with this dinner, bed and breakfast deal for £75 instead of £149.
Why we love it
- £75 per night for a dinner, B&B stay in a Georgian hunting lodge in Leicestershire
- Save 50% on stays in what Leicestershire Life calls a "quintessential country inn", including a 2-course dinner
- Add extra nights for £49 per night, B&B
- Or, just pop in for dinner -- two courses with a glass of prosecco is £29 for two
- Nottingham, Peterborough and Melton Mowbray are all less than an hour's drive away
Grantham, NG32 1RH
Tel: 01476 879 222
What's included & when
- Feb. 11, 2013 - May 31, 2013
- This "quintessential country inn" (Leicestershire Life), is located in Knipton, a 40-minute drive from Nottingham and 50 minutes from Peterborough. Belvoir Castle, which is open to visitors on most Sundays and Mondays in May, is three miles away and there's excellent walking in the Vale of Belvoir. Melton Mowbray -- best known for its pork pies and cheeses -- is 10 miles away.
- The Guardian calls this "a perfect retreat for foodies", and The AA Restaurant Guide 2012 praises the "hearty, contemporary cooking that extends well beyond the average pub fare".
- The 2-course meal for two with a glass of bubbly is worth £58.80 alone. We like the sound of the scallops, black pudding and chorizo salad to start and the monkfish wrapped in pancetta as a main course.
- Extra nights are available on a bed-and-breakfast basis for £49 per room. Additional dinners are £29 for two, (requires a voucher, to be purchased separately).
- This deal is available seven days a week until the end of May.
- Not available on 14-16 Ferbruary; 9-10, 31 March.
The small print
Subject to availability. Valid for overnight accommodation, a 2-course dinner for two with a glass of prosecco and breakfast. Supplements will apply to certain items on the menu, such as steak. Sevice is not included, subscribers are encouraged to tip based on the full value of the meal. Stay seven days a week until 31 May. Not available on 14-16 February; 9-10, 31 March. Once reservations have been made, bookings are non-transferable and non-refundable. Cannot be combined with any other offer. No cash value or cash back. See below for full terms and conditions. Now sold out on 29-30 March; 1 April.
See all terms