By Travelzoo Staff
Save up to 50% on a top-price ticket for "Maurice's Jubilee" -- a "poignant" and "quietly wonderful" new play, says the London Evening Standard
. Nab one of the best seats in the house
for £13.23 when the show comes to the Festival Theatre in Malvern.
Why we love it
- Save up to 50% on a top-price ticket for "Maurice's Jubilee" at the Festival Theatre in Malvern
- Written by and starring Nichola McAuliffe, who won a Best Actress Olivier Award for her role in hit musical "Kiss Me, Kate"
- The critically acclaimed show is touring the UK for a limited time, following a successful stint at the Edinburgh Festival last year
- Includes Friday- and Saturday-evening shows
Feb. 25, 2013 - March 16, 2013
Malvern, WR14 3HB
Tel: 01684 892277
- During a successful stint at last summer's Edinburgh Festival, the 3-hander -- written by and starring Olivier Award-winning actress Nichola McAuliffe -- received glowing reviews. Telling a very British love story through the marriage of retired jeweller Maurice and his wife Helena as they navigate old age, it also touches on the country's long-standing relationship with the Royal Family. Full of "spry wit" and with "a touch of Alan Bennett", says The Daily Telegraph, "Maurice's Jubilee" also stars stage and screen veterans Sheila Reid ("Benidorm") and Julian Glover ("The Young Victoria").
- This £13.23 offer is for a top-price ticket in the Stalls or Circle. Including the theatre's 8%-per-ticket fee, the usual price is between £22.14 and £26.46. Subject to availability, all matinée and evening performances from 11-16 March are included.
- We have also negotiated an offer for tickets to see this play when it goes to the New Alexandra Theatre in Birmingham. Click here to see the deal.
- "A touching love story with a twist... A sparkling gem" -- The Independent
- "Funny but often true... It gleams brightly" -- The Guardian
- "A triumph" -- London Evening Standard
- How to Book:
- - Click "Buy Now" to book directly with Malvern Theatres
- - Choose your preferred performance by clicking "Buy Tickets"
- - Choose where you want to sit -- Stalls or Circle
- - Pick the specific seats you want. These will initially show up without the 8% fee. They are labelled "£20.50" for Monday evening and all matinée shows, "£22.50" for weeknight shows and "£24.50" for Friday and Saturday evening shows
- - Click "Add Seats to Basket"
- - Enter promo code travelzoo and click "Apply Code"
- - The discount will now be applied to show a full price seat cost of £12.25. Select the number of these you want to buy and proceed to the checkout where the 8% fee will be added, bringing the total cost per ticket to £13.23
- - Note: The theatre's website is not optimised for mobile phones. We recommend using a PC, laptop or tablet to book online.
The small print
Subject to availability. Valid for all performances 11-16 March. Top-price tickets usually cost between £22.14 and £26.46. All prices quotes already include an 8%-per-ticket fee. Advance booking required. Not valid for tickets already purchased. No cash value or cash back. The full value quoted is based on the maximum ticket cost plus additional per-ticket fees at the time of publication. Cannot be used retrospectively or in conjunction with any other offer.