By Travelzoo Staff
Discover what Lonely Planet calls "Wales at its most thoroughly rural" with an overnight stay at The Metropole Hotel in the spa town of Llandrindod Wells for £99 per night. This deal saves 56% and includes:
Why we love it
- £99 for an overnight stay at The Metropole, Powys
- Regularly £227, this offer saves over 55% on the usual cost
- Accommodation in an Executive Twin or Double Room with Welsh cooked breakfast
- A 6-course tasting dinner for two in the AA-Rosette-awarded restaurant (worth £77)
- Glass of champagne with dinner (worth £12 per person)
- Member of the Classic British Hotels collection & Welsh Rarebits Hotels of Distinction
- Complimentary use of the spa facilities including pool, sauna, whirlpool, steam room and gym
Powys, LD1 5DY
Tel: 01597 823700
What's included & when
- April 17, 2013 - May 1, 2013
- - Accommodation for two in an Executive Twin or Double Room
- - Welsh cooked breakfast
- - A 6-course tasting dinner for two (worth £77)
- - Glass of champagne with dinner (worth £12 per person)
- The award-winning hotel is a member of the Classic British Hotels, Britain's Finest and Welsh Rarebits Hotels of Distinction collections. The Daily Telegraph praises its "first-class service" and "superb" spa. Situated in Powys, it's ideal for exploring local attractions such as Hay-on-Wye and the Brecon Beacons National Park. The on-site Radnor & Miles Restaurant is "thoroughly deserving" of its Rosette for modern British cuisine, says local magazine Buzz.
- The tasting menu features dishes such as watercress, shallot and potato soup with truffle oil, caesar salad with smoked chicken and crispy pancetta, tandoori fillet of black bream with mango purée, seared fillet of beef, beetroot and horseradish purée, gratin potatoes, fine bean and oxtail jus and chocolate and pistachio torte with caramel sauce.
- Valid Sunday-Friday until 30 April. There is a limited number of Saturday-night stays available for £20 more. The additional charge will be taken by the hotel on booking.
- Not available on 18-21, 26-27 April.
The small print
Valid for overnight accommodation for two adults in an Executive Twin or Double Room, full Welsh breakfast for two, a 6-course tasting dinner for two, a glass of champagne each with dinner and full use of the spa facilities. Valid Sunday-Friday until 30 April. Subject to availability. Travelzoo Update: Due to remaining availability at the hotel, this offer has been extended. Now sold out on: 19, 26 April.
See all terms