By Travelzoo Staff
The award winning Penrallt Hotel, in Aberporth Bay, West Wales is the "perfect combination of Edwardian grandeur and quaint country house" says Classic British Hotels. The former private mansion has put together a gourmet mini break for £99. Created exclusively for Travelzoo subscribers, this deal for two would regularly cost £189 and includes:
Why we love it
- £99 for an overnight stay at The Penrallt Hotel, Aberporth Bay
- Regularly £189, this offer saves 48% on the usual cost
- Includes accommodation for two in a Classic double room with full Welsh cooked breakfast
- 3-course à la carte dinner for two in the AA-Rosette Bay Restaurant (worth £70)
- Member of the Classic British Hotels collection & Welsh Rarebits, Hotels of Distinction
Ceredigion, SA43 2BS
Tel: 01239 810227
What's included & when
- Sept. 27, 2012 - Dec. 23, 2012
- - Overnight stay for two in a Classic double room
- - Welsh cooked breakfast
- - A 3-course à la carte dinner for two (worth £70)
- The hotel is set in 42 acres of grounds that overlooks Aberporth Bay, home to bottlenose dolphins, harbour porpoises and seals. It has a Welsh Rarebit hotel of Distinction award who says it is "perfectly placed to explore the rugged cliffs and castles of the West Wales coastline". The hotel is five miles from Cardigan and six miles away from the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park.
- The on-site AA-Rosette Bay Restaurant serves classic British cuisine from fresh local produce. The menus, which change often, include seasonal favourites and Welsh produce including Gorwydd Caerphilly cheese, spinach tart with hazelnut oil and black pepper tuille and fillet of Welsh beef on bubble and squeak with roast turned vegetables and burgundy sauce. Facilities include an indoor and outdoor swimming pool, a sauna, a Jacuzzi, a gym and tennis courts.
- Valid Sunday-Thursday until 23 December. Friday-Saturday night stays are available for £20 more. The additional charge will be taken by the hotel on booking. Not available on 24-31 October
The small print
Valid for overnight accommodation for two adults in a Classic double room, full Welsh breakfast for two and a 3-course à la carte dinner for two. Valid Sunday-Thursday until 23 December.
See all terms