By Travelzoo Staff
The 5-star Threadneedles Hotel is home to Bonds Restaurant & Bar, a "majestic" venue offering "undoubtedly high-end dining", according to Time Out's 4-star review. For £29, Travelzoo subscribers can dine on a 3-course gourmet dinner with champagne at this 2-AA-Rosette eatery.
Why we love it
- An award-winning 3-course dinner with champagne at Bonds Restaurant & Bar for £29
- An "opulent" restaurant with a "delightful" menu -- Time Out
- A dining experience recommended in many of the top culinary guides
- Bonds is a "beautiful and grand" former banking hall in the City -- Harden's UK Restaurant Guide 2013
- Two can dine for £55 instead of the usual £113
May 10, 2013 - Aug. 31, 2013
Bonds Restaurant & Bar
5 Threadneedle Street
London, EC2R 8AY
Tel: 020 7657 8090
- The menu is prepared by executive chef Stephen Smith, whose "technical, modern cooking is the main attraction" (The AA Restaurant Guide 2013), and currently includes:
- - Starters such as grilled asparagus with poached egg and truffle dressing, and smoked Scottish salmon with herb crème fraîche, quail egg and fiscelle croutons
- - Mains such as whole Dover sole, mussels and brown shrimps with lemon butter sauce, and roast spring chicken with savoy cabbage, pancetta and shallot purée
- - Desserts such as apple crumble with vanilla custard, and chocolate tart with white chocolate ice cream
- A glass of Laurent-Perrier Brut NV is included. Vegetarian options are available.
- The 5-star Threadneedles hotel was recently given a Travellers' Choice Award (in the Luxury Hotels category) by TripAdvisor.com.
- Two can dine for £55 instead of up to £113 -- saving over 50% on the usual bill.
- The deal is valid from 6pm-10pm, Monday-Friday, until 31 August
The small print
This voucher is valid for any starter, a main course and a dessert from the à la carte menu, plus a glass of Laurent-Perrier Brut NV. A £3 supplement applies to the lamb and steak mains. Valid for dinner from 6pm-10pm Monday-Friday, until 31 August. 48 hours' notice is required for cancellations or changes to the booking. The à la carte menu changes throughout the year to reflect seasonal ingredients.
See all terms