By Travelzoo Staff
Marco Pierre White was the youngest chef in Britain to be awarded three Michelin stars, and went on to star in hit TV show "Hell's Kitchen". Now, two Travelzoo subscribers can dine on a 4-course meal at the chef's Stamford Bridge eaterie, Marco, for £49 instead of the usual £120.
Why we love it
- A sumptuous 4-course dinner for two at Marco at Stamford Bridge for under £25 a head
- Run by Michelin-starred chef Marco Pierre White
- The restaurant, based in Chelsea Football Club's grounds, boasts two AA Rosettes
- The bill for this dining experience would usually come in at £120
- "Driven by top-class ingredients, sharply-defined flavours and classy execution" -- The AA Restaurant Guide
- A gourmet experience recommended by top food critic, AA Gill
- "Discover the best-kept dining-out secret at Marco", says City AM, which gave the meal five stars
Oct. 12, 2012 - Jan. 31, 2013
Marco at Stamford Bridge
London, SW6 1HS
Tel: 020 7915 2929
- For less than £25 per head, you can choose four courses from a specially-designed set menu.
- Here's an idea of what each person can expect:
- - A soup course, such as roasted tomato soup a la provençale
- - A starter, such as hand-dived scallops with tomato, micro basil and lemon in olive oil, or beef carpaccio with mustard dressing and wild rocket
- - A main course, like 8oz fillet steak with green peppercorn sauce, or slow braised Oriental pork belly served with pak choi, chilli and ginger
- - A dessert, such as champagne mousse with raspberries or a selection of British cheeses
- When famous food critic AA Gill visited Marco at Stamford Bridge he described it as a "very good -- unexpectedly good -- restaurant".
- The "high-gloss operation" (AA Restaurant Guide), which is located in Chelsea Football Club's Ground, is the brainchild of football club owner Roman Abramovich and Marco Pierre White.
- The kitchen at Marco's is run by leading chef Roger Pizey, who has regularly appeared on "MasterChef" and "Hell's Kitchen". This offer is available Tuesday-Saturday, from 6pm-10:30pm, until 31 January, 2013.
- Excluded dates: 6-7, 28 November; 1-31 December.
The small print
Valid for two people and must be used in one visit. Each person is entitled to a soup course, any starter, any main course and any dessert from the Travelzoo menu. Voucher may be used for dinner, from 6pm-10:30pm, Tuesday-Saturday, subject to availability and fixture changes, until 31 January, 2013. Excludes CFC match days. Excludes 6-7, 28 November; 1-31 December. Any additional items ordered will be charged at their usual value. Multiple vouchers may be purchased per person or as gifts. There is no limit to the number of vouchers that can be used per table. Reservations are required. Cannot be combined with any other offer. No cash value or cash back.