By Travelzoo Staff
With a prime location overlooking Trafalgar Square, the 4-star Charing Cross Hotel occupies a Grade II-listed Victorian property dating back to 1865. For £45, tuck into a 3-course meal for two and a glass of bubbly at the hotel's Brasserie -- a venue noted in the AA Hotel Guide for its "splendid views over London".
Why we love it
- A 3-course meal for two with a glass of sparkling wine for £45
- Charing Cross Hotel is a landmark Victorian property with superb views over London's West End
- "A grand and elegant restaurant," says ViewLondon.co.uk
- Recipient of TripAdvisor's Certificate of Excellence for 2012
- Victorian-style décor includes original floor-to-ceiling windows, combined with contemporary furnishings
- A perfect choice for a pre-theatre meal
Oct. 11, 2012 - Feb. 17, 2013
Charing Cross Hotel
The Strand, WC2N 5HX
Tel: 0207 747 8410
- Worth up to £94.60, this offer includes three courses from a specially created menu, all of whose dishes feature on the current à la carte menu. For example:
- - Slow braised lamb shoulder with crispy pancetta and puy lentil casserole
- - Pan-roasted chicken breast with wilted greens and buttered new potatoes
- - Battered fish and chips with crushed garden peas and tartare sauce
- - Vanilla bean cheesecake with fresh berries
- Charing Cross Hotel recently underwent a multimillion-pound restoration. Guests can also take in the Victorian grandeur of this property with pre-dinner drinks at the hotel's elegant new cocktail bar, Eleanor's.
- Dinner is served in The Brasserie from 5:30pm-10pm.
- The regular value stated above is based on the maximum combined cost of the items included in this experience at the time of publication.
The small print
This voucher is valid for two people and must be used in one visit. Each person is entitled to a glass of sparkling wine, any starter, any main course and any dessert from the set Travelzoo menu, plus a coffee. Valid seven days a week for dinner, subject to availability, until 17 February, 2013. Excludes 15 December-4 January, 2013. Reservations are required. There is no limit to the number of vouchers that can be used per table. Additional vouchers may be purchased as gifts. Cannot be combined with any other offer. No cash value or cash back. A 48-hour cancellation policy applies. Side dishes are not included. Gratuity is not included.