By Travelzoo Staff
The 2013 Sony World Photography Awards exhibition, which takes place in Somerset House on The Strand this week, showcases "some of the finest photographic work on offer in the world today", according to The Guardian.
Why we love it
- £6 for a weekday ticket to the Sony World Photography Awards 2013
- The exhibition showcases "some of the finest photographic work on offer in the world today" -- The Guardian
- Includes winner Andrea Gjestvang's portraits of the survivors of the July 2011 mass shooting in Utøya
- "Excellent, thought-provoking photography exhibition" -- The Daily Telegraph
- Alternatively, get a weekend ticket for £7.50, two for £13.50, four for £25 or eight for £48
May 3, 2013 - May 12, 2013
Sony World Photography Awards 2013
London, WC2R 1LA
- For £6, Travelzoo subscribers can get a weekday ticket to view the winning and shortlisted pieces, including Andrea Gjestvang's "striking selection" (Metro) of the survivors of the July 2011 mass shooting in Utøya, Norway.
- Other collections include an exhibition by William Egglestone, who won the Outstanding Contribution to Photography prize, as well as exhibitions documenting various events from the last year.
- The winners were chosen from more than 122,000 entries from 170 countries and span 25 categories, including current affairs, travel, fashion and wildlife.
- We have also negotiated the following deals:
- - £7.50 for one weekend ticket
- - £13.50 for two weekend tickets
- - £25 for four weekend tickets
- - £48 for eight weekend tickets
- The exhibition is open 10am-9pm Wednesday-Thursday, 10am-6pm Monday-Tuesday and Friday, and 10am-7pm on weekends, until 12 May, in the West Wing Galleries, Somerset House.
- Photo credits:
- © Gilbert Yu 2013 Sony World Photography Awards
- © Manny Fajutag 2013 Sony World Photography Awards
- © Nguyen Hoang Hiep 2013 Sony World Photography Awards
- © Anurag Kumar, India 2013 Sony World Photography Awards
The small print
The voucher is valid for entry to the 2013 Sony World Photography Awards 2013 exhibition. Must be used in one visit. Vouchers may be used until 12 May. Tickets for students, senior citizens and 12-16-year-olds cost £5. Under-12s go free. Open 10am-6pm Monday-Tuesday and Friday. Open 10am-9pm Wednesday-Thursday. Open 10am-7pm Saturday-Sunday. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms