By Travelzoo Staff
Following four successful seasons in Paris, the stunning ballet Russian Seasons of XXI Century comes to the London Coliseum. Travelzoo subscribers can pick up a Dress Circle ticket to any performance from 16-20 July for £25 instead of the usual £50.
Why we love it
- A Dress Circle ticket to the Russian Seasons of XXI Century at the London Coliseum, for £25 instead of the standard £50
- Choose one of four different programmes performed over five days
- Productions feature a selection of short stories including Cleopatra Chopiniana, Polovetsian Dances and The Firebird
- The ballet comes to London from 16-20 July
- Comes to London following four successful seasons in Paris
June 20, 2013 - July 14, 2013
English National Opera
St Martin's Lane
London, WC2N 4ES
Tel: 020 7845 9300
- The ballet comes to the West End location for four days. On 16 July, Russian Seasons of XXI Century - Programme 1 will take to the stage, followed by Russian Seasons of XXI Century - Special Matinee Performance on 17 July. They include the following tales:
- Cleopatra Ida Rubinstein: Choreographer Patrick de Bana showcases some amazing dance sequences in this ballet, and has chosen music by composers including Glazunov, Rimsky-Korsakov, Gabriel Fauré and Maurice Ravel.
- Chopiniana: Consisting of four scenes to the music of a polonaise, nocturne, mazurka and tarantella by Glazunov, the ballet has no plot, but conveys the mood of reverie and melancholy between dream and reality of a young poet in the world of the Sylphides.
- The Firebird: Based on the Russian folk tale of the mythical character who protects Prince Ivan, the hero of the tale, The Firebird was Stravinsky’s breakthrough work of 1910.
- From 18-19 July, the second programme will be played out on atage. It will feature Cleopatra Ida Rubenstein and Schéhérazade, which was inspired by the book The Arabian Nights. It is the tragic story of a Sultan, his favourite Zabeida and her lover the Golden Slave.
- The final production, on 20 July, is Russian Seasons of XXI Century - Programme 3. It features Cleopatra Ida Rubenstein, Chopiniana and Polovetsian Dances, a one-act ballet choreographed by Michel Fokine, in which slave-girls and warriors perform the celebratory dances of Khan Konchak’s nomadic tribe.
- How to book:
- - Click on the Buy Now link in the top right hand corner to book directly with The English National Opera
- - Scroll down to the Russian Seasons of XXI Century and select the matinee show on the right hand side. Click on the red part of the seating plan and you will see a selection of seats in the Dress Circle.
- - Choose any available seat at £50, and click 'Buy Tickets'. You will then be required to create a user name and login, plus your delivery details.
- - When prompted click the box which says 'do you have a promo code?', enter the discount code 'TRAVELZOO', and the reduced ticket price will show on screen. A one-off transaction fee of £1.75 applies per order. A donation of £3.75 will automatically be applied to your order -- to remove this charge from your bill, unselect the box which says 'I would like to donate'.
The small print
Valid for one Dress Circle ticket to see Russian Seasons of XXI Century on 17 July. A one-off transaction fee of £1.75 applies per online order. Telephone and postal bookings incur a £3.50-per-transaction fee. No booking fee is incurred when booking in person at the box office. No cash value or cah back. Cannot be combined with any other offer.