By Travelzoo Staff
Settle in for a night of seduction, love and tragedy with this exclusive offer for half-price tickets to either Puccini's "Tosca" or Bizet's "Carmen" at New Wimbledon Theatre this month. Travelzoo subscribers can now get a second-price seat in the Stalls or Dress Circle for either production for £15 -- less than half the usual £33.90.
Why we love it
- A night at the opera for £15 -- choose from "Tosca" (20 March) or "Carmen" (21 March), both at New Wimbledon Theatre
- Tickets usually cost £33.90 including a per-ticket booking fee -- you save 55%
- Both productions are directed by renowned opera and ballet producer Ellen Kent
- Puccini's "Tosca" is a tale of love and treachery starring international soprano Elena Dee
- Seductive opera "Carmen" tells the tale of a gypsy girl whose beauty lures a soldier to desertion
- Upgrade to a top Band A seat at either performance for £20 instead of the regular £38.90
March 1, 2013 - March 20, 2013
New Wimbledon Theatre
93 The Broadway
London, SW19 1QG
- This offer is valid for 7:30pm performances of "Tosca" on Wednesday, 20 March, or "Carmen" on Thursday, 21 March.
- Both are directed by renowned opera and ballet producer Ellen Kent, known for her spectacular scenery, costumes and special effects. Set against the backdrop of Rome, "Tosca" is a much-loved story of love and treachery, sung in Italian with English surtitles and starring renowned soprano Elena Dee, while the fiery "Carmen" takes place in Seville and features perhaps one of the best-known baritone arias of all time -- "The Toreador's Song". "Carmen" stars mezzo soprano Nadia Stoianova and is sung in French with English surtitles.
- Price Band B tickets for both performances are now available for £15 each including a per-ticket booking fee -- usually these seats are £29.50 per ticket plus a £3.90 booking fee. Alternatively, book a Band A seat for £20, saving £18.90 on the usual cost.
- The only additional extra to pay is a one-off transaction fee of £2.85.
- How to book:
- - Click "Buy Now" to book direct with ATG Tickets
- - Select either Ellen Kent's "Tosca" or "Carmen"
- - Click "buy tickets" on the general tickets tab
- - A handful of seats have a restricted view of the stage and/or surtitles. By clicking "I want to select my own seats", you can choose where you will sit in the theatre
- - Enter TZOO in the promo code box
- - Find the seats marked "Travelzoo offer" under description
- - Enter your desired number of seats and click "add to basket"
- - You'll then be asked to confirm and book your seats and pay a one-off transaction fee of £2.85
The small print
The £15 offer is for Band B ticket and the £20 offer is for a Band A ticket to either "Tosca" or "Carmen". Specified dates only. Some seats may have a restricted view of the stage and or surtitles. Subject to availability. Must be used in one visit. Advance booking required. Not valid for tickets already purchased. No cash value or cash back. The full value quoted is based on the maximum ticket cost at time of publication. Cannot be used retrospectively or in conjunction with any other offer. Usual prices, inclusive of per-ticket fees, are £33.90 for Band B and £38.90 for Band A.