By Travelzoo Staff
Two can dine on an exotic 3-course platter meal, accompanied by a glass of wine and a coffee each, at Jabula Restaurant. Travelzoo subscribers can take up this offer from the South African-themed restaurant, which is rated the top eaterie in Ellsmere Port by TripAdvisor reviewers, for under £15 a head.
Why we love it
- Two can dine on a 3-course platter dinner, plus a glass of wine and a coffee each, for £29 at Jabula in Ellesmere Port
- This offer from the South African-themed venue usually costs £57.90
- Choose between platters featuring exotic game such as crocodile, ostrich and springbok, or vegetarian dishes
- Occupies a secluded waterfront setting
- Ranked number one out of 46 restaurants in Ellesmere Port by TripAdvisor reviewers
- Cheshire Life was impressed by the "fantastic food" and "attentive and friendly staff"
Sept. 5, 2013 - Nov. 29, 2013
1 South Pier Road
Ellesmere Port, CH65 4FW
Tel: 0151 355 1163
- This dining package regularly costs up to £57.90 for two -- for almost half that price, you'll get a glass of wine each (either red, white or rosé), plus any one of the following platter options:
- - Game platter, which includes starters such as crocodile, goats' cheese and creamy mushrooms, followed by main courses such as South African casserole, lamb fried with vegetables, and a taster of game, which includes ostrich, kudu and springbok
- - Non-game platter, which features prawn cocktail as a starter instead of the crocodile, and replaces the game taster main course with a Durban chicken curry
- - Vegetarian platter, which includes tasters like sweet potato with sweet chilli and sour cream, olives and feta in a tortilla, and cheese mushrooms. Main courses like pap pastei with Sheba sauce, and stuffed butternut served with cous cous follow
- All platter options come with a selection of desserts to finish, and a coffee each at the end of the meal.
- The restaurant overlooks the Manchester Ship Canal, and was described by Harden's restaurant guide as "a fantastic African restaurant... a top tip".
- It is just five minutes' drive from the Cheshire Oaks retail outlet, so you can combine a day of shopping with an exotic meal out.
- This offer is valid for lunch Tuesday-Sunday and dinner Sunday and Tuesday-Thursday, subject to availability, until 29 November
The small print
The voucher is valid for two people and must be used in one visit. Each person is entitled to a glass of house wine (red, white or rose), plus the game, non-game or vegetarian starter and main platter, dessert selection and a cup of coffee. Vouchers are valid for lunch Tuesday-Sunday and dinner Sunday and Tuesday-Thursday, subject to availability, until 29 November. Note: The number of vouchers available for this offer is limited and may therefore sell out before the stated expiry date. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms