By Travelzoo Staff
The Wig & Mitre in Lincoln is an AA Pub Guide "Pick of the Pubs" and is listed in the Michelin Guide. For £14.50 a head, you and a friend can tuck in to a 2-course lunch or dinner, while sipping prosecco, at this characterful 14th-century pub.
Why we love it
- £29 for a 2-course dinner for two at AA-recommended Wig & Mitre in Lincoln
- Includes a glass of prosecco each
- This package would usually cost up to £54.50 -- you save 47%
- This 14th-century pub is listed in the Michelin Guide 2013 and is called "a Lincoln institution" by Michelin - Eating Out in Pubs 2013
- An AA Pub Guide Pick of the Pubs"
- Valid seven days a week until 20 November
Aug. 13, 2013 - Nov. 20, 2013
Wig & Mitre
32 Steep Hill
Lincolnshire, LN2 1LU
Tel: 01522 535190
- Usually costing up to £54.50, the deal includes a starter each (up to the value of £7.25), a main each (up to the value of £14.75) and a glass of prosecco each. You can choose from the à la carte menu or the daily special boards.
- Although subject to change, examples from the current à la carte menu include:
- - Starters such as smoked salmon, cream cheese and dill pâté served with granary toast, or Parma ham and deep-fried Lincolnshire poacher with red onion marmalade
- - Mains such as slow-cooked shoulder of lamb with goats' cheese and spring onion mash and greens, or poached and roasted chicken breast wrapped in pancetta with sage Lyonnaise potatoes, purple sprouting broccoli and stilton sauce
- Wig & Mitre is located on Steep Hill, between the castle and the cathedral, and has been owned and operated by the same family since 1977. The pub is recommended by the Lonely Planet as a great spot for "candlelit evening meals" and by The Good Pub Guide for its "character and attractive period features".
- The deal is valid for lunch or dinner, seven days a week, until 20 November
The small print
This voucher is valid for two people and must be used in one visit. Each person is entitled to a starter up to the value of £7.25 and a main course up to the value of £14.75 from the à la carte menu or special boards. Supplements will apply to dishes priced above these values. Each person is also entitled to a glass of prosecco. Vouchers may be used for lunch or dinner, seven days a week, subject to availability, until 20 November. This is a limited offer and may sell out before the stated expiry date. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms