By Travelzoo Staff
For £16, get up close to magnificent birds of prey with this 2-hour hands-on falconry experience in the Rutland countryside. This deal from Rutland Falconry & Owl Centre would usually cost £65, saving you a huge 75%.
Why we love it
- £16 instead of the usual £65 for a 2-hour hands-on birds of prey experience
- Save a massive 75% on the regular price
- Choose between an owl and a hawk experience
- Rutland Falconry & Owl Centre is home to a collection of more than 130 birds of prey including owls, hawks, falcons, eagles and vultures
- Set in 42 acres of woodland in the Rutland countryside
- Valid seven days a week until 31 October
July 17, 2013 - Oct. 31, 2013
Rutland Falconry & Owl Centre
Oakham, LE15 7TA
- Set in 42 acres of woodland, the centre is home to more than 130 birds of prey, including owls, hawks, falcons, eagles and vultures. The centre also shares its space with Rutland Wildlife Sanctuary, home to some of the world's rarest cats, Amur leopards.
- The experience starts with the chance to sit with your bird for a while during a short talk on your chosen species. Then you will receive a demonstration on how to carry the bird on your fist, and once you are comfortable with it, you will walk with the bird on your fist around the centre.
- A trained falconer will provide an in-depth history of falconry before you get treated to a display of one of the birds in flight.
- This deal is available seven days a week until 31 October
The small print
The voucher is valid for one person. It is valid for a 2-hour Hawk or Owl Experience and must be used in one visit. Valid seven days a week until 31 October. Subject to availability. Failure to turn up leads to forfeiture. A £5 spectator fee applies. If you are in doubt whether the falconry session will take place due to the weather, please call at 8am that morning to check. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms