By Travelzoo Staff
Be at one with beautiful birds of prey in the heart of the Rutland countryside for £16. Normally £65, this 2-hour hands-on experience gives you the opportunity to walk with a hawk or an owl on the glove.
Why we love it
- £16 instead of the usual £65 for a 2-hour birds of prey experience
- Choose between an owl and a hawk experience
- Save a massive 75% on the regular price
- Rutland Falconry & Owl Centre is home to a collection of over 130 birds of prey including owls, hawks, falcons, eagles and vultures
- Set in 42 acres of woodland in the beautiful Rutland countryside
- Available seven days a week, until 10 March, 2013
Sept. 27, 2012 - March 10, 2013
Rutland Falconry & Owl Centre
Oakham, LE15 7TA
- Set in 42 acres of woodland, Rutland Falconry & Owl Centre is home to more than 130 birds of prey including owls, hawks, falcons, eagles and vultures. The centre also shares its space with Rutland Wildlife Sanctuary, home to some of the world's rarest cats, Amur leopards.
- To start off, you are given the chance to sit with your bird for a while during a short talk on your chosen species. Then you will receive a demonstration on how to carry the bird on your fist, and once you are comfortable with it, you will walk with the bird on your fist around the 42-acre centre.
- A trained falconer will provide an in-depth history of falconry before you get treated to a display of one of the beautiful birds in flight.
- This deal is available seven days a week, until 10 March, 2013.
The small print
This voucher is valid for a 2-hour Hawk or Owl Experience. Valid seven days a week until 10 March, 2013. Advance booking is required. Bookings must be made between 5pm and 7pm, Monday-Friday only. A £5 spectator fee applies. If you are in doubt whether the falconry session will take place due to the weather, please call at 8am that morning to check. Note:
There are a limited number of vouchers available with this offer and the deal sale may therefore end before the stated expiry date. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms