By Travelzoo Staff
The Assheton Arms in Downham was recently awarded the Dining Pub of the Year accolade at the 2012-2013 Lancashire Life Food and Drink Awards. This 18th-century gastropub, which specialises in seafood, is now inviting Travelzoo subscribersfor a 2-course meal for two, with a glass of prosecco, for £29 (less than half the usual price).
Why we love it
- £29 for a 2-course meal for two at The Assheton Arms in Downham, near Clitheroe
- Includes a glass of prosecco each
- This package usually costs up to £60 -- you save 52%
- Winner of the Dining Pub of the Year at the 2012-2013 Lancashire Life Food and Drink Awards
- Re-opened in April after a £400,000 refurbishment, The Assheton Arms retains many of its original features, including a stone fireplace dating back to 1765
- Featured in Lancashire Life's pub guide
- Available Monday-Thursday, until the end of February, 2013
Nov. 5, 2012 - Feb. 28, 2013
The Assheton Arms
Clitheroe, BB7 4BJ
Tel: 01200 441 227
- Whilst sipping on a glass of prosecco, two people can select a starter and main course each from the menu. Our current favourites include salt and pepper squid, with rice wine and ginger dipping sauce and roast hake with braised peas, baby onions and smoked bacon.
- The Assheton Arms, which re-opened in April after a £400,000 refurbishment, was featured in Lancashire Life's pub guide. The Lancashire Telegraph notes the oak flooring, Lancashire
- cooking ranges and restored antique radiators, as well as the original stone fireplace, dating back to 1765.
- The pub is located in Downham, across the valley from Pendle Hill, which was made famous by 17th-century Pendle Witch Trials.
- This deal is available Monday-Thursday, until the end of February.
The small print
This voucher is valid for two people and must be used in one visit. Each person is entitled to a starter and a main course, plus a glass of prosecco. A £5 supplement applies the rib-eye steak and an £8 supplement applies to the fillet steak. Excludes items on the specials board. Valid Monday-Thursday, until 28 February, 2013. Excludes 7 December, 2012-6 January, 2013 and 14 February, 2013. Bookings will be taken from Thursday 8 November. Note: There are a limited number of vouchers available with this offer and the deal sale may therefore end before the stated expiry date. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms