By Travelzoo Staff
Take on the famous Yorkshire Three Peaks Challenge this summer -- this scenic guided walk is now exclusively available to Travelzoo subscribers for £22 instead of £45, courtesy of Mountain Monkeys.
Why we love it
- A guided expedition to Yorkshire's three highest mountains in the scenic Dales for £22 instead of £45
- The Yorkshire Three Peaks Challenge is a 25-mile circuit of Pen-y-Ghent, Whernside and Ingleborough mountains
- Enjoy sweeping views of Yorkshire Dales National Park
- This guided walk takes between 9-12 hours and will be tailored to suit your needs by your mountain guide
Includes safety equipment and a certificate to take home upon completion
- Hot drinks and snacks will be provided at half way point
June 4, 2013 - Nov. 3, 2013
2 Abinger Road
Greater Manchester, WN4 0RN
Tel: 01942 620 073
- The aim is to complete a 25-mile circuit of all three peaks, including Pen-y-Ghent (691m), Whernside (728m) and Ingleborough (723m), in 12 hours or less.
- The day starts in Horton-in-Ribblesdale where you will meet your qualified mountain guide, who will provide a safety briefing before you commence the climb. During the walk, you will get the chance to admire sweeping views across Yorkshire Dales National Park. This challenge involves lots of walking across some tough, unmarked moorland terrain so a good level of fitness is required.
- Hot drinks and snacks will be provided at half way point and you will also receive a certificate to take home upon completion.
- This outing will take place on the following weekend dates: 30 June, 6 July, 28th July, 3 August, 25 August and 7 September. Further dates, until 3 November, may be added (subject to demand).
- Walking boots, layers, socks and a waterproof jacket must be worn. You must also bring food to last the duration of the experience -- high-energy snacks such as energy bars, cereal bars and chocolate is recommended, plus water in a canteen or bottle.
The small print
Valid for one person to complete the Yorkshire Three Peaks Challenge. Includes safety equipment, mountain guides and a certificate upon completion. Hot drinks and snacks will also be provided at half way point. Valid for one of the following weekend dates: 30 June, 6 July, 28th July, 3 August, 25 August and 7 September. Further dates, up until the 3 November, may be added, subject to demand. Further dates will be added to meet demand. 14 days' notice is required to changes to your booking otherwise voucher is void. Email bookings only.
See all terms