By Travelzoo Staff
Escape to the Lake District this summer with this deal from Appleby Manor, a 4-star Victorian country house hotel. Overnight stays with dinner in a Michelin Guide-listed restaurant and great treats thrown in are now £139 per room -- a saving of 40% on the usual price.
Why we love it
- Includes an overnight stay for two in a Standard Double or Twin Room with full English breakfast
- The property has been designed so that all the public rooms have views over Appleby Castle and the Eden Valley
- A Victorian manor commended by the Michelin Guide for its "characterful" bedrooms and "classical" menus
- Guests also get a 4-course à la carte dinner in the AA-Rosette-awarded restaurant, plus pre-dinner canapés
- Praised for its ''peaceful rural views'' and ''country-house cooking'' by The AA Restaurant Guide
Appleby Manor Country House Hotel
Appleby-in-Westmorland, CA16 6JB
Tel: 01768 351571
What's included & when
- May 13, 2013 - Aug. 31, 2013
- In full, you get:
- - Accommodation in a Standard Twin or Double Room with cooked breakfast
- - Summer fruit meringue with a glass of bubbly on arrival (worth £11.90)
- - Pre-dinner canapés (worth £9.90)
- - 4-course à la carte dinner in the AA-Rosette awarded, Michelin-listed restaurant (worth £83)
- This deal entitles subscribers to all dishes on the current menu.
- This deal is valid for Sunday-Friday stays until 31 August. Saturdays are an extra £25 per room -- payable directly to the hotel after buying your voucher with Travelzoo. Upgrade to a Garden View or Deluxe Room for an extra £30 per room (payable direct to the hotel), or extend your stay for £90 per night on a bed-and-breakfast basis.
- Guests also get access to the hotel's leisure club, which features an indoor pool, a sauna, a spa bath and a steam room.
- Appleby Manor, described as a ''true country house hotel'' by The Daily Telegraph, has views over the Eden Valley and Appleby Castle in Cumbria. The area itself is described by Frommer's as "one of the most beautiful parts of Great Britain". The 4-star property has won praise from the Michelin Guide for its "characterful" bedrooms and "classical" menus.
- The hotel is a 90-minute drive from Newcastle and two hours from Leeds and Manchester
The small print
Valid for overnight stays Sunday-Friday until 31 August. Not available on 28-29 May; 6-9 June; 24-25 August. Includes accommodation for two adults in a Standard Double or Twin Room with breakfast, summer fruit meringue with a glass of bubbly, pre-dinner canapés and a 4-course à la carte dinner. Subject to availability. Upgrade to a Garden View or Superior Room for £30 per room, per night (payable direct to the hotel). Saturdays are an extra £25 per room (payable directly to the hotel). This deal has been reopened due to surplus availability.
See all terms