By Travelzoo Staff
Escape to the Lake District with this deal from Appleby Manor Country House Hotel. Rooms at this rural retreat are now £139, including accommodation for two, dinner at the Michelin Guide-listed restaurant and more.
Why we love it
- For £139, escape to the Lake District with this offer from the 4-star Appleby Manor Country House Hotel and save 47%
- Described by The Daily Telegraph as "a true country house hotel"
- Includes an overnight stay for two in a Classic Double or Twin Room with full English breakfast
- 4-course à la carte dinner in the AA-Rosette-awarded restaurant (worth £41.50 per person)
- Pre-dinner canapés (worth 4.95 per person)
- Victorian manor has been praised by the Michelin Guide for its "characterful" bedrooms and "classical" menus
- Add on extra nights for £90 on a bed-and-breakfast basis
Appleby Manor Country House Hotel
Appleby-in-Westmorland, CA16 6JB
Tel: 01768 351571
What's included & when
- Jan. 17, 2013 - April 30, 2013
- Valid for Sunday-Thursday stays until 30 April, the offer saves up to 47% on the usual price and includes:
- -Overnight accommodation in a Classic Double or Twin Room
- -Full English breakfast (worth £13 per person)
- -4-course à la carte dinner in the AA-Rosette restaurant (worth £41.50 per person)
- -Pre-dinner canapés (worth £4.95 per person)
- Guests will also get access to the hotel's leisure club, including an indoor pool, sauna, steam room and spa bath. Upgrade to a Garden View or Deluxe Room for an extra £30 per room (payable direct to the hotel), or extend your stay for £90 per night on a bed-and-breakfast basis.
- Appleby Manor, described as "a true country house hotel by The Daily Telegraph, has views over the Eden Valley and Appleby Castle in Cumbria. The area itself is described by Lonely Planet as being "as breathtaking as any you'll find in Switzerland or the French Alps". The 4-star property has won praise from the Michelin Guide for its "characterful" bedrooms and "classical" menus. It won TripAdvisor Certificates of Excellence in 2011 and 2012.
- The hotel is a 90-minute drive from Newcastle and two hours from Leeds, Manchester, Liverpool and Sheffield.
The small print
Valid for stays Sunday-Thursday until 30 April. Not available on 14, 17 February; 29-31 April. Subject to availability. Upgrade to a Garden View or Deluxe Room for £30 per room, per night (payable direct to the hotel).
See all terms